VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Rhetorex Rdsp 432

• Rhetorex
Can I use a Rhetorex RDSP 432 with VoiceGuide and if so how do I set it up.

I have Win2KPro, Soundblaster 16, PII 500, 256mb of memory no updates installed yet..

Thank Perry

hi,,

My name is chris chandler from chandler communications and I am a ex- Research and Developer for NORTEL I was in Euro-Lab where we made all of nortel's norstar products and all of the option 11 through option 81c and I wrote code and developed hardware and I have also worked for Mitel And did the same thing as a matter of fact I personally am the very 1st person in the United States to ever see the sx200 and sx2000 light when they first came out I bought sx2000l and 7 sx200l off the assembly line in canada and installed them and I wrote much of the manuals for them also I was the creator of the sx200d 672 upgrade to the sx200light 672 so I have told you all of this to let you know I know my stuff and I will be glad to help anyone out there at any time on just about any product that they want to ask about.

And now for your question can I use a Rhetorex Rdsp/432 card with voiceguide and you got the answer NO USE DIALOGIC..

Well my friend and to all of you out there YES YOU CAN USE THE RHETOREX RDSP/432 WITH VOICEGUIDE.

What you need to do is to go to brooktrout web site and download TapiExspress and it has all of the drivers for just about every rhetorex board as well as it comes with Tapi and Wave and Accucall and all of it.

You must be running windows 2000 professional and update it to service pack 4

Unzip the tapiexspress and save to a folder and then shutdown your pc and install the rdsp/432 card into an available ISA SLOT. then reboot if win2000 pro harware wizard detects the card just cancel it and then goto device manager and remove it.Then run the tapiexspress installation and it will start loading everything for you and at the end it will run the config wizard which will let you select the type of card that you are installing and then to set your i/o and IRQ and then it look's at your bus and id's your rdsp/432 card if you have no i/o or irq conflicts and then it will load the firmware drivers and also waze drivers and also TAPI drivers, from there you must run accucall and let it learn your pbx and also do config wave and select the audio tab and under playback and record select channel #0 for both and then check mark at the bottom to use only prefered devices and then save.

restart you r pc and the rdsp/432 firmware and wave/tapi will all be loaded at win startup then goto the tapiexspress folder and run the program called DRVCHK.EXE which will show you that firmware is loaded as well as Tapi and wave drivers.

Then just goto to voiceguide and start it up and do your scripts and all of that then run setup or config wizard and when it ask's you to select the device to use you will find like with the rdsp/432 brooktrout channel#0,channel#1,channel#2,channel#3 click on channel#0 and then scroll down to channel#3 and hold your shift key and click channel#3 which will then select channel#0,1,2,3 and then just go from there. One thing that is extremely important to note is that a hookflash for voicemodems and dialogic cards are a ( ! ) exclamation point which everywhere that you find that in your vg.ini file change to a ( & ) and sign which is what the rhetorex/brooktrout rdsp/432 uses for a hookflash and I promise you that it will and does work as I have many-many and I mean a whole lot of system's out there as I use rdsp/432 instead of dialogic which I prefer the rdsp/432

chris chandler

nortel research / development

Euro-Lab

Paris, France

softtaken43@cox.net

479-273-2911