VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Modem Detecting Ring

Are there any settings to get the voice modem to answer the call when it comes in. The modem just sits there and it rings and rings with no answer.

Thanks

Perhaps some other application is preventing VoiceGuide from answering the call...

Is anything else running on your computer that is controlling the modem apart from VoiceGuide?

Have you selected the right modem using VoiceGuide's Configuration Wizard?

Is VoiceGuide showing the correct modem in it's "Line Devices" list and the state is showing "Waiting for a call..." ?

An finally, is the telephone line plugged in? ;)

We have exactly the same problem. We use the Creative Modemblaster serial and dialing out works perfectly with VoiceGuide. But the modem does not answer an incoming call. Of course we've selected the right modem in VoiceGuide and it shows Waiting for Call.

We are a bit clueless...

Could you please send us a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the incoming call, this will allow us to see what is going on.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

If the modem is informing Windows of incoming RINGs then a log of these will be visible in the trace file.

Unfortunately the Trace Log does not contain any information. No word... Is this possible?

Can you plug the telephone line into a normal handset and try calling the number again - is the handset ringing?

If you then plug the phone line back into the modem and call the same number again - and you do not see the RING messages in the trace window then I can only think of three possible reasons:

1. The modem's circuitry which detects incoming calls is damaged (yet as you say outbound calls are OK).

2. The modems's TAPI driver is not forwarding RING messages from the modem to Windows.

3. VoiceGuide fails to display record of these messages them in the trace window...

I haven't seen any of such cases ever before, so I'm a bit stumped myself... can you try another modem or system?

Which version of Windows are you using?

We use Windows XP on a Dell Laptop. We tried the intern Lucent Win Modem but it did not work. Outbound calls worked but in a very bad quality. So we read a bit in this forum and decided to buy the Creative Modem Blaster serial because it was recommended by some users. But we now have exactly the same problem.

By the way we use this analog modem on an ISDN line with an analog-converter. Might that be a problem? Fax works great on this line.

Fax works great on this line.

Incoming fax as well as outgoing fax?

I still strongly suspect that some other application is preventing VoiceGuide from answering (or even seeing) the call... Is anything else running on your computer that is controlling the modem apart from VoiceGuide? (like the Fax app for example...)

We meant a normal fax machine. Not a software. And yes in and out works. There is no other application for the modem installed. At least we could not think of any.

Hi,

I'm in the exact same position and I just can't get to answer. I have no other applications running. And I'm running XP and when running fax software it answers the call fine.

But when running the VoiceGuide..it just keeps ringing.

Can you help please?

Does anything appear in the VG Log when the call is made?

If the modem is detecting incoming RINGs then the modem should inform VG of them, and then you will see entries in the VG Log file...

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)