VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Log Variables

I am trying to understand the variables that are entered into my call log for a particular script.

This is an incoming call script. First, there is an script to validate the callers study id number and then it is passed to the call content script. I'm trying to figure out the data points in the call content script.

The csv file begins with the Date/Time at the start of the Call Validate script, then the next field gives me a number between 8 and 10, for no apparent reason.

The next two fields are blank. Then it gives the Date/Time Stamp for the beginning of the Call validate script, and then the path and file name of the call validate script.

Then it gives the name of a module which checks the access database for caller information and returns the value of the call in the next field.

Then the next three colums return the values that the caller enters to choose various messages that they want to hear.

In the next two colums, VG returns the number 1 for no apparent reason. I have in the script two database modules, one that updates the most recent call data and updates one record. And a second module which inserts current call information for one record into another table.

Could my last two mystery "one's" be the "How many results were returned by the Database Query Module" as described in the help file? I am only working on one record each time, but I am inserting data into a record not retrieving any information into voice guide.

Any idea why I am getting a value from 7-10 at the beginning of my call log? It appears to be related to data from the call validate script, but the subject doesn't enter any information except an id number during that script.

Also, any idea why I have two blank colums?

Can I e-mail a copy of my two script files and sample copy of the csv files so you can help me figure out these mysterious variables? If so where can I send them to.

Thanks, Steve

Look at the XML log file.

The CSV log file is just an extract of the data values themselves from the XML log file.

The XML log files will have tags around the data values which will tell you what these data values represent.

How do I open the xml file? I tried to open the file and only the first record of 170 appeared. Steve