VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

D/4pci Disconnect Problem

There's no way to detect when the remote party hangs up. I've tried with pbxpert tone learning tool with 2 lines, but everytime I run the tone detection, it gives me different results with high deviation values (eg. on time value = 980 +- 800 ms). I've installed the board, the software (release 5.1.1 with sp1); the only thing I changed from the Configuration Manager (DCM) is the country (set to Italy, my country). Why tone learning is working so bad? Maybe the configuration is not correct?

Best Regards

Ing. Alessandro Sorniotti

Software Development Engineer

Comtest Wireless S.r.l.

Via Emilio Brusa 20

10149 Torino, Italia

T.+39-011-4551388

F.+39-011-4551522

Web. www.comtest.it

Here is the recording of the disconnect tone.

Thanks, Best Regards

Comtest Wireless S.r.l.

Via Emilio Brusa 20

10149 Torino, Italia

T.+39-011-4551388

F.+39-011-4551522

Web. www.comtest.it

record.zip

The recording shows that the busy tone on the phone lines you are using is a cycle of:

single tone of 425Hz for 200ms, then silence for 200ms

I'd recommend the Dialogic TSP settings to be:

Freq 1 : 425

Freq 1 deviation : 50

Freq 2 : 0

Freq 2 deviation : 0

On time : 20

On time deviation : 5

Off time : 20

Off time deviation : 5

Repetition : 2

Do not use the TSF file at all. Do not load it in the DCM and set TSFFileSupport to "No" in the DCM.

You should use software like CoolEdit to do frequency analysis on recorded sound files to determine the frequencies of the busy/disconnect tones.

CoolEdit has now been purchased by Adobe and is known as "Audition", but the original software can still be downloaded from a number of places, eg:

http://www.xtec.es/recursos/clic/bin/c96setup.exe

Another tool you can use is Audacity ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ) it has a View->Plot Spectrum menu which will also show you the frequencies in a sound file.

Great, it works! Thank you very much!

But why pbXpert does not work? The recognition of tone frequency and time should be pBxpert's work, shouldn't it?

Thanks again, Best Regards

Comtest Wireless S.r.l.

Via Emilio Brusa 20

10149 Torino, Italia

T.+39-011-4551388

F.+39-011-4551522

Web. www.comtest.it

But why pbXpert does not work?

Ask Intel...

We recommend you don't waste your time with it, and do not use the TSF files altogether. Just set the cadence/frequencies yourself directly.

I have just got my disconnect tone working after spending a few hours going around in circles.

Perhaps the following may help others - or perhaps you can tell me if this is the issue?

In the DCM-Config Manager for Dialogic D4PCI the setting for "Discoinnect Tone=No" was set in the "Misc" tab of the board configurator.

I stopped my service, set it to "yes" restarted and began to make progress - at least it disconnected but randomly - so I started playing with the advanced configuration settings under the "control panel" settings (Modems-Telephony/Dialogic/Configure/Advanced/Disc1, etc).

I am connected behind a PBX which gives a 425 continuous tone. (Checked via cooledit) and I set this up, but had to play for a while to get the settings working:

I set 425 Freq1, 50hz variability, Freq2=0, Var2=0, ontime=50,ontimevar=0, offtime=0, offtimevar=0, cadence-repeat=0. and it started working.

No Intel/Dialogix documentation avail (that I could find) so guess that:

1. single tone, so clear freq2 settings

2. continuous tone, so no on/off settings

3. minimum duration 500ms and no repeat/cadence stuff.

Please confirm if this looks okay or am I pushing my luck here!!

Cheers - Tim.

There is no need to use the "Disconnect Tone" setting in the DCM. You can leave that set to "No"

VoiceGuide does it's own monitoring for Disconnect tones - you just need to configure what Disconnect tone it should listen for - and sounds like you've set those to the right values now.