VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Making Vg Play Sooner On Outdial

I have a script that I have successfully been using for about 4 months now for outbound calls. I am using it VG with a D4/PCI Dialogic card in a Windows 2000 SP4 system with a P4 2.6 processor with 512MB RAM. My issue is that VG does not seem to play fast enough after the person answers a call. This results in a lot of hangups. We are using NeoSpeech TTS engine and the first play module has about 50 words in it which include about 5 variables. I am looking for ways to try to speed this up. I am not sure if this is just part of the dialogic detection method to determine is a live person or Answering machine has answered or if this has something to do with the TTS slowing things down. Any ideas to help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Also while playing with different ideas, I decided to try multiple Play Modules to speak some .wav files that contain pre-converted TTS. When I link up the play modules with a Timeout 0 path the pause between the modules is much too long and the playback is not fluid at all. Is there a way to make the the transition from each module faster so the sound and/or speech is not sound so fragmented?

We have not used the NeoSpeech TTS engine ourselves, so I do not know how fast that TTS engine generates the sound files.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the outgoing call being answered, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

If the speed of TTS is an issue you may want to consider starting your script with a short pre-recorded file before getting into the TTS generation.

When I link up the play modules with a Timeout 0 path the pause between the modules is much too long and the playback is not fluid at all. Is there a way to make the the transition from each module faster so the sound and/or speech is not sound so fragmented?

Have you edited sound files to eliminate any silence at their beginning and ends?

As before, please post the trace file.

We have found that VG starts playing the next sound file after the previous one finished very quickly (less then a twentieth of a second). And if the sound files are specified in the same play module there is no delay at all - the sound files are loaded in the same play buffer.