VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Automated Scedhuled Calls

Hi There..

We currently use VoiceGuide as a simple (but effective) IVR (incoming calls).

However I have been asked to start researching the possibility of an autodialler connected to a backend database to do call outs to patients to remind them of appointments.

I have looked at the voice dialler included with VoiceGuide and don;t think it will do what we want off the shelf.

We need an autodialer that will:

- Check to see who needs to be called for the day (database check)

- Do text to speech to send the message out

- Then allow the caller some options, such as cancel appointment, leave message, etc.

Off the shelf I can't see the voice dialer doign this, however it is stated on the website that it will do "Healthcare : Appointment Reminders, Benefit Inquiry, Claim Status, Plan Enrollment, Prescription Refill, Test Results Reporting, Surveys."

After anyone that has done this, if it is possible with the product, etc.

Cheers,

Matt

Check to see who needs to be called for the day (database check)

This is something that you will need to set up. As I think you'd agree every database is so different it is not possible to set up a generic program which is capable of checking 'who needs to be called for the day' on any database that is set up out there...

VG does make it easy for you to import into it's Dialer database the calls that need to be made. see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm

A simple VBScript run daily should be able to search through your database and then use OutDialQueAdd COM function to add new calls to be made ( http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/com_...tDialQueAdd.htm )

Do text to speech to send the message out

Do this inside the VG script which runs when call is answered. Query your own database for any details, or pass them into VG dialer as parameters..

Then allow the caller some options, such as cancel appointment, leave message, etc.

Straightforward.

We have other customers using VG for appointment reminders.

Excellent!

Thanks for the info.

Are you able to let me know who these people are? Or if those peopel read the forums, if they are willing to pass on some of the pitfalls and wins they had when developing their scripts, etc.

Cheers,

Matt

We don't give out customer details, but I think that you'll find setting up this system quite straightforward.

All you really need to do is to set up a small application which goes through whatever database it is that is used tom hold appointment details to find any calls that need to be made and load them into VGDialer...