VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Guide Sits And Hanging Up Call After Restart

i am having a problem with voice guide sitting at "hanging up call". This happens when i exit voice guide while there are still calls in the que and then restart the program. when restarting the program all lines initially have the message "waiting for call" then after a second they change to "Hanging up call" and never come out of that.

the reason i am exiting voice guide is to temporarily stop making calls but would like to preserve the que so i can start calling again after a short time. can anyone explain what is going on here?

Thanks,

Josh

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option, then enable the 'save to file' option.

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

i am using version 5.2.3050

will i be able to get an event trace log if there is no call being made? i start the program and it immediately moves from "waiting for call" to "hanging up call" and then sits there. no number has been dialed and no script has been executed at this point.

After you enable the 'save to file' option just exit VoiceGuide, then start VG again.

The log files will be created in /log/ subdirectory immediately.

Trace shows that when VoiceGuide is started it finds some outgoing calls queued in the OutDial database, and it proceeds to try and make the calls - but the Dialogic card's TAPI driver replies with a RESOURCE UNAVAILABLE error when an attempt to make the outbound call is made.

See if either of the following resolves the problem:

When exiting VG try first stopping all the calls on the system by disabling dialing out on the lines (View->Line Device Config menu), then wait for all calls to complete before exiting VG.

Restart Dialogic service from DCM before starting VG again.

I can see that you are able to somehow start VoiceGuide OK as you have been bale to run other tests with outgoing calls connecting here: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2395

From the traces:

121846.72  5 Dialing: 15736422864

121846.72  5 MakeCall => 66253

121846.72  5 timer set 60  EV_TIMEOUT_MAKECALL_NORESPONSE

121846.72  5 TapiCbTrigSet 66253 7002

121846.72  5 tapi  Reply (LineEvReply) err 66253 LINEERR_RESOURCEUNAVAIL [8000004B]

121846.718 tapic lineMakeCall(0x101e3, 0x1c0468, 15736422864, 0, 0x12f00c) PERFECTCALL/PAMDOPTEN

121846.718 tapic lineMakeCall => 66253

121846.718 tapie LINE_REPLY(5, 0x0, 0x102cd, 0x8000004b)