VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Can Vg Do The Following?

Hi all

I run a small business from home so basically use cordless phones along with an answer phone, I need to make this look a lot more professional.

I am new to IVR and am in the process of evaluating the Supervoice software from Pacific Image. I don't have a PBX.

I think this is roughly the scenario I need to accomplish.

What I would like to achieve is this:-

1.. Phone call received

2.. Customer hears a greeting and menu (1 for sales, 2 for support etc)

3.. Customer makes a selection

4.. The cordless phone extensions then ring while the customer listens to on hold music with the usual "Your call is important to us, please wait", I have various mixing software packages so should be able to create specific Wavs for this if necessary

5.. If I am at home I then want to answer the phone and talk without having to switch the unit/software off or whatever, if I answer the call I may need the ability to record the conversation possibly without the customer knowing.

6.. If I am not at home, I want the customer to have the option to stop listening to on hold music, press a key and be able to leave a message. This may mean also having the option to automatically take the customer to a leave message prompt if the phone line is ringing for a preset length of time.

7.. When a message has been left I'll need the voicemail service to contact me either by SMS, pager and/or email with a prompt to call in and get my messages.

I'm not sure how Step 7 is going to work. My pc's are networked with a win2k server and have a permanent web connection via 1meg broadband link.

In the short term I'm probably going to use an external voice modem of some description.

Is this possible with VG?

Does this need to Enterprise version?

Appreciate any help.

Regards

Graham

The cordless phone extensions then ring while the customer listens to on hold music with the usual "Your call is important to us, please wait",

For that to happen you need to have two phone lines - one for VG and one going to cordless phone. Otherwise you need a PBX.

If I am at home I then want to answer the phone and talk without having to switch the unit/software off or whatever,

Just set up a Time Switch module in the script to treat calls differently during after-hours.

if I answer the call I may need the ability to record the conversation possibly without the customer knowing.

Not really possible unless VoiceGuide answers the call first.

I want the customer to have the option to stop listening to on hold music, press a key and be able to leave a message.

That's OK.

When a message has been left I'll need the voicemail service to contact me either by SMS, pager and/or email with a prompt to call in and get my messages.

That can be done as well. Emails can be sent and message can be forwarded to your phone.

The Pro version is fine.