VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Guide Variables Problem In Vbscript

i am running voiceguide version 5.2.3050 and i am having a problem with my vbscript being run from within a vg script. the problem is that the voice guide variables in the vbscript are getting replaced with an empty string value.

this has actually happend a few times, and i am unable to find the reason. has anyone had a similar problem? if so how did you correct it? i will post the trace log and copies of the vbscript before and after its run when it happens again.

Thanks,

Josh

the voice guide variables in the vbscript are getting replaced with an empty string value.

If a variable is not defined then it will be replaced with an empty string.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

Which version of VG are you using?

here are the log files that were created. it took a while for me to get the error again so im not 100% sure where they would be located in the file. i did notice quite a few errors stating there was an invalid character in "sOnNotConnected" so this might have something to do with it since the script that is having the problems is the one that is supposed to run when OnNotConnected occurs.

log.zip

The log files you attached are huge (10MB) with what seems like a 100+ calls.

Please post the an extract from them which contains the issue that you are referring to, or indicate teh time so that we can find the relevant entry in the log file.

since the script that is having the problems is the one that is supposed to run when OnNotConnected occurs.

OK. So we're looking at the OnNotConnected script, not the 'Run VBSCript' module.

Please update your VGMulti.exe on your system to the latest one. You can find it here:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1694

Do not use quotes in the sOnNotConnected expression.

You can achieve this by placing all of the $RVs within the script itself instead of passing them as parameters.

The latest .exe should now correctly replaces RVs within the OnNotConnected script.

so even when the script is called not using the run vbscript module, vg will still parse the script and replace the variables with the values they contain? if that is correct then it will definately make things much easier since i wont have to pass them.

so even when the script is called not using the run vbscript module, vg will still parse the script and replace the variables with the values they contain?

Yes. It does this now. Update to VgMulti.exe pointed to before - that .exe (and a few previous versions as well) do this now.

i updated to that latest vgmulti.exe that you suggested. and i am still getting the problem. however i now have more log info that might help find out what is going on here.

attached is the log files and the vb script being run:

superleads - cleanup.vbs = the script that is being run

vbs_7_1.vbs = the script after vg has parsed it and put the values of the variables in.

i received the error message (which is actually an sql "incorrect syntax near ," error) around 2:25 pm today. hopefully this well help you better find the problem in the log files.

log_scripts.zip

i think i may have actually found what is causing this. it looks like the calls that are getting the errors are actually inbound calls. i had the inbound call script set as the same script that runs on outbound calls. i just changed voice guide to use a different inbound script and it looks like the errors have stopped. is there a way that i can tell voice guide to not accept incomming calls on spcific lines? i know i can set a line to not dial out.

thanks for the help on this. so far im pretty happy with this product, and the responses from the support staff on these forums. good job!

is there a way that i can tell voice guide to not accept incomming calls on spcific lines?

Just set the "Rings Before Answer" to a really high value - like 20. The phone company will stop ringing the line well before 20 rings are reached.