VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Outbound Dialing Problems

We are using an Access database to determine our daily outgoing calls list. We wrote a visual basic application to enter all the call information directly into the OutDialQue.mdb The visual basic application works well and fills all the data fields in the OutDialQue.mdb. However, after updating the OutDialQue.mdb Voice Guide never starts to dial the phone numbers and doesn't execute the Outgoing calls scripts defined in the OutDialQue.mdb

We need to know how to get Voice Guide to initiate the calls. Thanks, Steve

Have you had a good look of what entries in the OutDialQue.mdb database look like when they are loaded in using either the Telephone Number Loader or the XML Out Dial file and have you ensured that your own applications adds new entries in a similar way?

Please post some screenshots showing entries in OutDialQue.mdb after you loaded them in.

Here are the screen shots of the entries into OutDialQue.mdb.

In addition, the questions we have are as follows: first, do you need to use the telephone number loader if you are writing the information directly into the OutDialQue database? If not, what do you do in your outdial script to get voice guide to execute the entries in the OutDialQue database?

Screenshots were not uploaded...

do you need to use the telephone number loader if you are writing the information directly into the OutDialQue database?

No. You can write them in yourself - you just need to write them in right.

what do you do in your outdial script to get voice guide to execute the entries in the OutDialQue database?

Nothing neds to be done in the script. VoiceGuide itself looks in OutDialQue database regularly (every second or so) and checks if any outbound calls need to be made.

Can you please post more screenshots so that we can see all of the database fields...

One thing we can see here is that you have the LineSelection field populated with:

I'm not to sure if this would work for you as we don't know if the LineID of any of the telephony devices you have selected to use on the system is 1.

Can you try just placing the below in the LineSelection field:

(two commas side by side) and see if this makes the call go out on any of the lines.

I take it that when you re using the Telephone Number Loader or the XML Out Dial file to load new calls then these calls are being made OK?

No, the dialer is not working at all. We have 4 lines. Two lines are dedicated to recieving incoming calls and they are recieving calls the the inbound scripts are working perfectly with our database. However, we cannot get outbound calls to execute. We have checked the phone lines and they are all working with dialtone. I have run a trace log when I try to execute the telephone number loader module. It appears to load the phone numbers and says that the it has loaded two numbers with 0 rejected. But then the trace hangs and goes no further at that point. The dialogic modem seems to be installed correctly as the incoming calls are working fine on the two lines designated for outbound calls.

One question I have is if I am using the correct line number designation in the line number field. I am using the line number as identified in the voice guide configuration wizzard. Should I be identifying the numbers any other way? Also, the Telephone number loader also puts the identified phone line number in the ,1, format. Is this correct? Should the line number have commas on both sides?

In reference to the suggestion to try the ,, instead of a line number. I have set all 4 lines to run the outgoing script and tried to call out on all 4 lines with no success. Would it make a difference to let the computer try all 4?

Any suggestions on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve

Are you using an Evaluation version of VoiceGuide or a registered version?

If a registered version then did you purchase the VG Dialer as well?

Can you please post a screenshot of the 'About VoiceGuide' screen showing the registration details.

If an Evaluation version then you need to restart VoiceGuide after 10 outgoing calls before it can make more outgoing calls.

It appears to load the phone numbers and says that the it has loaded two numbers with 0 rejected. But then the trace hangs and goes no further at that point.

That's fine - the Telephone Number Loader's trace just shows the loading process into the database. The MMDDvgm.txt log file will show the entries being read in from the database and dialed out.

We have a registered version of Voice Guide and we purchased the dialer as well. Are there any diagnostics I can run to determine where the breakdown is between the VG software and our modem? STeve

Please post the VG.INI file from your system.

Does the 'Help'->'About VoiceGuide' screen confirm that VGDialer is installed?

Please email us a screenshot of that screen or in what Name/Company was the license issued (email to support@voiceguide.com)

Can you perhaps set up PCAnywhere on this system and allow us to log in there to see what is going on? If you can then please email login details (email to support@voiceguide.com).

I finally figured out the problem by running your Talker32 program. Essentially, the talker 32 found 10 TAPI devices. The Dialogic Lines were lines 7-10. However, when we run the VG configuration utility it numbers the lines 1-4. When I used the line numbers 7-10 to identify the outgoing line, the calls work as expected both with the Telephone loader and with our Visual Basic utility.

My last question is, how do I ask Voice guide to use two lines for out going calls? I want to use lines 7 or 9 which ever is available. Is this possible? If so what is the syntax? Thanks, Steve

Placing ",," in the LineSelection field means that this call is to go out on any line which has the "Allow VG to dialout on this line" box ticked.

Reading one of your previous posts closer:

In reference to the suggestion to try the ,, instead of a line number. I have set all 4 lines to run the outgoing script and tried to call out on all 4 lines with no success. Would it make a difference to let the computer try all 4?

I now realize that you probably have never tried to set it to ",," before...

There are two ways to make calls go out on just lines ID 7 and 9.

A. Set LineSelection field to be ",," and in VoiceGuide only have the "Allow VG to dialout on this line" box ticked for those lines.

or

B. Set LineSelection field to be ",7,9,". The "Allow VG to dialout on this line" box must still be ticked for those lines - but only those lines will be used for this call - even if other lines have the "Allow VG to dialout on this line" box ticked they will not be used to make this call.

Where do I set the "Allow voice guide to call out on this line". Is that in the configuration wizzard, or in the TAPI program? Steve

Where do I set the "Allow voice guide to call out on this line".

When running VoiceGuide go to the 'View' -> 'Line Device Config' menu. The check box is at the bottom of the extended widow.