VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Detecting Disconnected Numbers

Hi, i am using a dialogic D4/PCIU board with VG to do outbound dialing. I am then having VG put some results into our database of numbers as to what happend during the call. I am having problems detecting and getting the value if the phone number called is disconnected or no longer in service. Can VG get this information and how would i need to configure either VG or my Dialogic board to accomplish this?

usually when you dial a disconnected the number the phone company would playa special SIT tone - which the Dialogic card should detect and pas on to VG.

VG then places the number in one of the "OutDial_SIT..." log files. Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm

What can you hear on the line now when one of the disconnected numbers gets called?

i tried this with a 2 numbers that i know are disconnected. one of them ended up in the OutDial_SIT_Unknown.txt, the other was treated as an answering machine, i recorded the message that was played (attached as disconnected.zip), and my guess would have to be that since the telcom company didnt play the initial tones before the message that it is not properly getting put in OutDial_SIT_Unknown.txt.

as far as this SIT Unknown. is there a variable that i can get to from within voice guide that will allow me to update the record in our database saying the phone number was disconnected? if so would there also be a variable that i can check for some of the other result files such as No Circuit, Reorder, etc.?

disconnected.zip

here is one that i just recorded. this particular call does play the tones at the beginning, but for some reason it ends up in the file OutDial_Contacted_Human.txt. i have attached the recorded message. when you listen to the message the 3 tones arent at the beginning of the recording, but you can hear them when it loops. i called this number myself and the tones are infact played at the beginning of the message. let me know if you would like the number i dialed to test this out yourself.

disconnected2.zip

I tried this with a 2 numbers that i know are disconnected. one of them ended up in the OutDial_SIT_Unknown.txt, the other was treated as an answering machine, i recorded the message that was played (attached as disconnected.zip),

The Dialogic card hears what initially sounds like an answering machine, so that's how it treats the call.

and my guess would have to be that since the telcom company didnt play the initial tones before the message that it is not properly getting put in OutDial_SIT_Unknown.txt.

Correct.

Not all phone companies play SIT tones, and some change them around a bit so that they are a bit hard to detect and/or classify.

If you want to be able to 100% tell when a number is disconnected then you'll need to use an ISDN line (on a Digital T1 or E1 connection)

as far as this SIT Unknown. is there a variable that i can get to from within voice guide that will allow me to update the record in our database saying the phone number was disconnected? if so would there also be a variable that i can check for some of the other result files such as No Circuit, Reorder, etc.?

You can either use the sOnNotConnected command option (see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm ) or just batch process the "OutDial_SIT..." log files.

does your software support isdn, if so is this something that our current dialogic d/4pciu would be able to handle and send that data to your program correctly?

disregard the last post, i found the isdn info in your help file. i also looked through your list of isdn capable hardware. i didnt see any dialogic boards on this list. do you know of any that are capable of working with an isdn system?

I'd recommend just using a T1 or an E1 connection - in which case you will need to use the D/240JCT or D300JCT cards.

The 'basic rate ISDN' cards like Fritz etc work with VoiceGuide via the TAPI interface which may not pass on all of the disconnect cause codes...