VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Out Logging

Hi,

I am working on a new VG system with a dialogic card. Currently I am in the process of lay out the system which should work as a general IVR and voice mail system.I have few questions related to that at this point.

1 - I need to log all calls successful or not, I can do that with incoming calls, buy passing each call to a general script then to specific client script.But how about outgoing calls. outgoing calls will start a script when connected, but I also need to log even if the call is for a wrong number. VG log calls in a text file, which make it less useful in a high rate process. Is there a way to force VG to run a script every time it dial out for logging, I am thinking in something similar to your advice to Jusedawg about the voice mail.

2 - In my system I need to start a script, in certain time, with no call out , can I do that? If not is there a work around without using call out to a bogus phone number?

3 - Also for logging, can I force running certain script when a call out ends, one more time even if no response?

4 - Sometimes I will need to record the outgoing calls, How can I do that? and can I save the wave file on the network rather than the local machine?

5 - About inserting record in callque table, I prefer to use the com object to do that, How can I use it with escalation?

Thanks

VG log calls in a text file, which make it less useful in a high rate process.

How many calls are you anticipating making?

The OutDial_Dialed.txt log file as you mention logs all outgoing calls and this was sufficient usually. Why can't you just periodically read in the data from that file?

Is there a way to force VG to run a script every time it dial out for logging,

Not at this stage. It should not be hard to add this feature however.

I am thinking in something similar to your advice to Jusedawg about the voice mail.

Please post a link to that thread.

2 - In my system I need to start a script, in certain time, with no call out, can I do that?

No.

If not is there a work around without using call out to a bogus phone number?

Why do you need to use a VoiceGuide script? Can you just set up a separate VBScript of your own and run that when needed?

3 - Also for logging, can I force running certain script when a call out ends, one more time even if no response?

You should be able to do this by using the "On Hangup" script.

4 - Sometimes I will need to record the outgoing calls, How can I do that?

Record what happens on line before call is answered?

and can I save the wave file on the network rather than the local machine?

Yes. There are no limitations on where you can save the file.

5 - About inserting record in callque table, I prefer to use the com object to do that, How can I use it with escalation?

Insert some calls with escalations defined into the database and then look at the database to see what was stored in the Escalation field - that should let you see how to fill out that field when creating the database entries yourself directly.

Happy New Year, and thanks for your response.

In my question "I am thinking in something similar to your advice to Jusedawg about the voice mail."

I was referring to your response to Jusedawg which stated that there are 2 scripted functions get and set that the system call to fined out the mail boxes Message[response to Jusedawin]

in your response "Why do you need to use a VoiceGuide script? Can you just set up a separate VBScript of your own and run that when needed?"

Because I have an application that require to call out then depend on the result of this call I need to call out again or not, etc. I thought If I can run a VG script that would start the first call then get the response and decide what to do about the second call etc. I know there are many ways do that I am trying to see what are my options.

In your response no 4 "Record what happens on line before call is answered?" Please clear that to me How can I do that and how I know what line in advance?

for No 5 your response "Insert some calls with escalations defined into the database and then look at the database to see what was stored in the Escalation field - that should let you see how to fill out that field when creating the database entries yourself directly. "

I know how this table was built, My question regarding the Com object Is it capable of handing this

In the Help there is this example

"set vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")

vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd "0,5551234", 0, 0, 0, "", "", "c:\sendinfo\announce.wav", "c:\sendinfo\InfoMenu.vgs", "c:\sendinfo\CallBackDetails.wav", "[CustomerID]{44563}", 0, 2, 5, ""

set vg = Nothing"

The escalation here is empty, will it work with escalation defined?

Hassan

I have an application that require to call out then depend on the result of this call I need to call out again or not, etc

You should use the sOnNotConnected field to specfy the script to run when call is not connected.

4 - Sometimes I will need to record the outgoing calls, How can I do that?

Is the Record module not sufficient?

The escalation here is empty, will it work with escalation defined?

Yes. The sEscalationCalls field is optional and was just not used in the demo.