VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Wave File Not Loaded / Playing

I have a Dell Poweredge 1300 server (with no sound card)

Windows 2003 Server

Voice Guide Enterprise 4-line license

I am using a D4PCIU card with SR 5.1.1 applied and then FP 1 applied subsequently.

I have followed the instructions our steps to the tee and everything is loaded properly and all of my configuration screens match all of your help documentation.

The symptoms include:

1. Voiceguide reports that the Wave Driver Not loaded for line 1 and the rest of the lines report "Initialising..."

2. Talker32 will not play the wave file. The app will dialout and will also receive/answer calls. However, no sound is heard from either dialin or dialout.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Can you please post screenshots from the Windows' Device Manager and the 'Sounds and Multimedia' applets from the Control Panel - the same ones that are shown in the installation instructions.

I'm not sure how to post screen shots to the forum. So, I'm attaching them one at a time.

post-2-1102952077.jpg

I noticed something peculiar. When clicking on "Settings" button of the first attachment, I am unable to see the "Dialogic Wave Driver Configuration" window. Also see this attached screen. This is what I see when I start Voiceguide.

Scott

post-2-1102954415.jpg

Hopefully, all of these attachments will eliminate some of the redundant posts back and forth especially since I am on the other side of the globe from you and I have to wait a full day to get responses. Phone support would be most valuable to me.

Scott

One last post. I have since then added a sound card to my server and it still reports the same problems. Please help when you can.

Scott

The screenshots show that the configuration appears all fine, but the trace shows that Windows responds with an error when VoiceGuide calls the windows function to retrieve a handle to the wave drivers installed for the Dialogic card...

As all config looks OK, it's not obvious what's causing this on the Windows' side.

Looking at the trace we can see that there are a number of modems installed on this system:

101144.66  0 Tapi device 5 is: Rockwell 56000 External Modem PnP #6

101144.66  0 Tapi device 4 is: Rockwell 56000 External Modem PnP #5

101144.66  0 Tapi device 3 is: Rockwell 56000 External Modem PnP #4

101144.66  0 Tapi device 2 is: Rockwell 56000 External Modem PnP #3

101144.66  0 Tapi device 1 is: Rockwell 56000 External Modem PnP #2

101144.66  0 Tapi device 0 is: Rockwell 56000 External Modem PnP

Maybe their presence is confusing the 'TAPI Device'<->'Wave Driver' link?

Is it possible for you to start with a clean install of Windows on this machine, and then just install the Dialogic software and then VoiceGuide and see how that works?

The problem is that it is really easy to tell someone to reinstall windows. Well, this happens to be a production server and it is not so easy to perform the reinstallation. I can try installing it on a different computer. However, I would like to get it working on my machine. Can you tell me what to look for in order to diagnose whether it is conflicting with my other modem card?

If you had phone support, maybe we could try and troubleshoot the problem over the phone.

Scott

The screenshots show that all config is fine - and yet Windows returns errors when it's API functions are called.

We've seen windows get confused in the past about which Wave drivers are linked to which TAPI devices. Deleting all TAPI devices and Wave drivers and starting a re-install from scratch sometimes fixes this up, but the preferred approach based on previous similar cases is to just wipe and start again...

There is nothing else that really can be tested or looked at. Besides the config screens that you've posted already there are no other tools to debug the Wave Driver to TAPI device linkage...

Phone support can be purchased through our WWW order page.

Well, since I cannot wipe out the server because it is production. I will need a new activation code because I will putting this in a new with a different network card.

Scott

Since you are using a Dialogic card the activation code will work in whatever server that Dialogic card is in.

For any further questions/clarifications please just email sales@voiceguide.com directly.

FYI. I tried using my same registration number and it didn't work. So, I have requested a new registration number from VoiceGuide.

Scott