VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Transfer Calls With D/4pci?

Hi all,

I have installed a D/4PCI board on my box. I'm wondering is it possible that I can transfer a call without PBX or SCBus feature in this way:

A wants to talk to B at 555-1234-1234(line 2: 555-555-1213 dial 555-1234-1234) by dialing 555-555-1212(line 1) first. so line 1 receiving the call but somehow using line 2 to dial out.

Is it possible? if No, which board(close to D/4PCI in number of port, price :-) is the right choice for above funtion?

TIA

-s

to have incoming call on one line and outgoing call on another line and be able to connect the two calls together on the card you'll need to use the "JCT" cards (or any of the digital cards, or high end DMV cards).

The card you want is: D/41JCT it's a 4 port analog card. Costs about twice as much as the D/4PCI.

Does that also require two lines? I want to redirect calls to remote staff but have only one line (with broadband). Help!

Thank you!

Two more questions:

1) i have noticed that D/41EPCI also has SC Bus feature and its application can be "call center", can it be used in this purpose?

2) by using a "JCT" card (D/41JCT), can line1 receiving the call, transfer/establish the call between line2 and line3, then drop the call for waiting another incoming call? if not, what will be the choice?

You can use the D/41EPCI. It is not as flexible as the D/41JCT but for your purpose it will be fine. (D/41EPCI is not longer manufactured - D/41JCT is the current version of the 'fully featured' 4 port card)

The JCT card allows calls on two lines to be connected together on the card so that people on each call can speak to one another.

Two lines will be used per call - the original line on which call arrived and the line on which the system dialed out to connect to the staff member.

Thanks again!

I just don't want to end up of buying wrong stuff as I already bought D/4PCI. So here goes my final one (not sure thou :-):

For blind transfer, D/41JCT (itself only without a PBX...) will do the job, depend on what I can get from ebay, D/41EPCI will also do. how about D/4PCI itself after all although it's also retiring?

If you want to dial out on another line and then connect two calls together you need the cards with 'SCBus'.

D/4PCI and D/4PCIU and D/4PCIUF do not have SCBus.

so,once again to confirm:i have one line(line No.1) for incoming calls.When call arrives,i want to board D/4PCI make outgoing call on other line (line No.2) and then to connect these two lines so they can hear each other,and caller on line No.1 can talk with called party at the end of line No.2.Is it possible with this type of board (D/4PCI) because there is no SC bus on this board?

Please answer me,i'm veru confused about this because i saw that this board D/4PCI don't have SCbus,but someone tell me that i can route calls(which i desribed above) with this board.If you can,mail me : boris.petkovic@saga.co.yu

Thanks

it's not clear to me.

I want both the call being monitored(at least, notified when either party hangs up -- the caller/callee might be external) and the line receiving the call being freed for next call (before the call's finished). my questions are:

1) i have a d41epci board, do i need a pbx?

2) d4pci can't do the job? (i have both boards)

I want both the call being monitored(at least, notified when either party hangs up -- the caller/callee might be external)

For this you need to use "Dial and Conference".

1) i have a d41epci board

D41EPCI can do Dial and Conference.

Dial and Conference

General Notes:

"Dial and Conference" can only be done with these Dialogic cards: D/41EPCI, D/41ESC, D/41JCTLS, D/120JCTLS, D/160SC-LS and all digital cards: D/240SC, D/300SC etc

2) d4pci can't do the job?

No. It does not support call bridging.

Dial and Conference uses another line to call and then connects the two lines together.

Dial and Conference does not require a PBX.

PBXs usually do not support 3 Way Conference - this function is only supported by some telco switches.

which way will free the "line" that accepts the call then, it therefor available for another incoming call while first call is still in progress?

i tried to get it :). could you give out a little bit more desc in detail with a minimum system?

thx

If you want to transfer the call and free up the line to await another call then you should see if your phone company supports call transfer features on the phone lines...

Can you transfer calls like this with a phone connected to the line? If you can the VG can do the same.

i had one of my D4PCI cards failed and decided to buy the JCT since i needed it anyway for my call recording needs, but couldn't get it to work properly in conjunction with my remaining D4PCI and voiceguide at all. i assumed this was because of all the trickery between the SCBus and the stuff the D4 used. Is there any workaround to get them both working together or will it require all cards to be compatible with each other?

Are the cards showing up as all started properly in the Dialogic DCM?

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using and what are the actual problems that you've come across?