VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Mail Not Working Properly

Hi,

I have been using evl version of voice mail manager, have config vmboxes but it seems that the software is not working properly for eg

1 when i login to voice mail sys using a dial in no it prompts me to dial the vm no and pin code. It works fine till that time but when it gives the option to listen to new or saved mesages it has a prob. for eg if i have 10 messages in mailbox and if i select the option to listen to new messages it plays the first message but dont know how to listein the subsequent messages .

it keeps on saying press 1 to listen to new messages after the first message is played

2 similarly when i select the option to listen to save messages the same thing happens.

3. when i select the option to leave a new message for a voice mail box it asks for mail box no followed by beep, after i leave a new message it simply disconnects me from the mail box, it should ideally give option to either go to next option or way to exit the voice mail system.

4. similaryly when i am listening to a messge in the mail box the system prompts to a option saying presss this to delte the messge when i selec the option to delte the messge it goes to somewher else and doesnt delte the messge.

can you help me

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problems (separate trace for each problem), this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

after i leave a new message it simply disconnects me from the mail box,

You can press # to enter menu options after recording your message. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/Voicemail%20Menus.pdf

4. similaryly when i am listening to a messge in the mail box the system prompts to a option saying presss this to delte the messge when i selec the option to delte the messge it goes to somewher else and doesnt delte the messge.

So what actually happens? What is the next sound prompt you hear?