VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Inband Signaling For At&t/lucent/avaya Partner Pbx

I have been unable to find any documentation on inband signaling for the Partner PBX. Many voicemail vendors websites show compatibility with this PBX using inband signaling so I know it has it. Is it possible to figure out the signaling somehow without documentation? Any ideas?

From: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Inba...ndSignaling.htm :

To capture what tones are being sent on the line just set up a VoiceGuide script whose first module is a "Get Numbers" type module - that module will then capture the sent digits and what it captures will be stored in the Log File.

It is easy to then determine what is the info being sent and to set up the Inband Signaling Configuration file appropriately.

I setup a script with just a get numbers module in it and I receive no numbers when I try this. I know the Partner PBX has inband because many voicemail software/hardware providers show that their products are compatible with the Partner using Inband signaling. Any ideas why I am not see anything?

I assume that you are using the analog extensions on this PBX? Have you enabled in the PBX the sending onfinband signalling on these extensions? Inband Signaling is not usually sent by default...

from: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Inba...ndSignaling.htm

It is easy to check if Inband Signaling is sent on the line: place an extension headset against your ear and keep the 'handset on hook' switch depressed so that that handset can accept calls, then make a call to that extension and when the call arrives lift the hand off the 'handset on hook' switch - if there is any Inband Signaling sent you will hear it then a quick series of DTMF tones. (You will not be able to hear the tones usually if you just normally pick up the handset as the playing of the tones would have finished by the time you raise the handset to your ear...)

The ports on this PBX are hybrid and allow digital and analog sets to be connected. I have read all the manuals on the Avaya website that are available for this PBX and I have not found any option to turn on inband signaling. Anybody else using this PBX and have this working?

hi

On an Avaya system use mode code administration screen.

the command is ch system mode.

If you are not able to use this command then it is possible that you are not having the inband feature enabled on the system.

to check the feature use the command below.

display system-parameters customer-options Page 3 of 10 SPE B

OPTIONAL FEATURES

Emergency Access to Attendant? y ISDN Feature Plus? y

Enable 'dadmin' Login? y ISDN Network Call Redirection? n

Enhanced Conferencing? y ISDN-BRI Trunks? y

Enhanced EC500? y ISDN-PRI? y

Extended Cvg/Fwd Admin? y Local Spare Processor? n

External Device Alarm Admin? y Malicious Call Trace? y

Five Port Networks Max Per MCC? n Mode Code for Centralized Voice Mail? y

Flexible Billing? y

Forced Entry of Account Codes? y Multifrequency Signaling? y

Global Call Classification? y Multimedia Appl. Server Interface (MASI)? n

Hospitality (Basic)? y Multimedia Call Handling (Basic)? y

Hospitality (G3V3 Enhancements)? y Multimedia Call Handling (Enhanced)? y

IP Trunks? y Multiple Locations? y

Personal Station Access (PSA)? y

IP Attendant Consoles? y

IP Stations? y

(NOTE: You must logoff & login to effect the permission changes.)

My Avaya system is a Partner II which doesn't have a PC terminal connection to program it. It can only be programmed from the first extension port with the larger operator handset.

Hi MannyTC Did you have any success with this.

I also have the same problem.

TIA_Yona

TIA_Yona - I haven't had a chance to work on it more for a few days. Will post back here if I find out anything more. Please share any info that you have as well.

I finally figured out how to have the Partner PBX send the inband signaling. I needed to add the extensions that VoiceGuides dialogic ports are plugged into to the PBX systems voice mail hunt group. One I added those extensions to the VM hunt group and then called the VoiceGuide extension, the get numbers module picked up a whole bunch of dtmf signals which basically identified the number that was dialed and the extension that it came from. Now I have to play some more to figure out all the combinations and try to setup an inband signaling file for VoiceGuide.

I have only been able to get the inband signaling to show which extension was dialed and where it was dialed from. Basically called the extension VG is on from another inside the office. I also tried calling into the system from my cell phone and then have the receptionist answer and transfer it to VG. Again VG just got the extension of the receptionist and the extension that the VG Dialogic card is plugged into. I have not configured the Partner yet to allow it to answer incoming calls directly to see if the callerid coming from the phone company will get transmitted to VG. I sure hope it does because that is one of the reasons I want the inband signaling to work. Please let me know if you find out anything more.

Hi there it seems that you get a lot of advice from people that know something about something but not the Avaya Partner sytem. The inband signalling gets activated when you asign the extension in huntgroup 7 (to programme go to #505 group 7 and assign it) then you can figure out the signalling that is used. I read that you have to use command lines (different system same manufacturer) disregard that , and by the way Partner is not a PBX it is a Key System that has a hybrid mode so you can pool lines together.

One hint for getting the inband signalling, go to a voicemaill manufacturers website like esna and get it there