VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Mail System

Hi ,

i just downloaded the eval ver of voice guide 5.2 and i am trying to use voice mail manager as voice mail sytem for some of the extensions.

1. by default i can see 10 mailboxes in the evl ver, can i create more mailboxes in the evl ver, also can i rename the voice mail no for eg 0001 to 5224 , i tried changing it but chages were not accepted

2. for how long i can use the evl version without getting registered.

3. can i use group of modems as a hunt group for the voice mail system. i mean to say if i hve only one modem ,only one user can access voice mail system at one single point of time. i wanted to create a hunt group kind of scenario wherein i can club multiple modems so that multiple sessions can be established to voice mail system at a single point of time. is there a special config that i need to do on the soft for thisto happen.

4. when somebody dials to this voice mail sytem , after the specified no of rings the the annoucement that is played is "pls enter your four digit pin number and then press the pund key" after this annoucement when i punch * key it plays " welcome to voice guide vm system pls enter the 4 digit vm no for which you want to leave the message or press the * key to retrieve the voice mail.

can i change the seq of these annoucements, i wanted to play the second annoucement at the start ie when the call is first answered.

i tried changing it but chages were not accepted

Changes are made to the mailbox config when you press the "Save and Exit" button in the Voicemail manager.

You can see in the VmBoxList.xml file (in VG's \data\ subdirectory) if the changes were saved.

for how long i can use the evl version without getting registered.

No limit, but it needs restarting every hour.

can i use group of modems as a hunt group for the voice mail system.

Yes. The evaluation version allows you test with up to 4 lines. But I would recommend you use Dialogic cards instead.

can i change the seq of these annoucements,

you can change anything you want – have a look at the scripts used and the voicemail scripts themselves are in the \system\vm\ subdirectory.

Thank You for the response.

i tried changing the default vm box 0004 to 5548 and then pressed save and exit but it did nt accpted the changes. i restarted the voice mail guide soft but it didnt help.

all other changes are accepted except the vm no

2.do i need to manually restart evaluation ver of voice guide soft every hour or is there a way to automate it

Thanks

Satish

i tried changing the default vm box 0004 to 5548 and then pressed save and exit

After entering a new voicemailbox number press the "Add" button.

do i need to manually restart evaluation ver of voice guide soft every hour

Yes. Once you register software this limit is then removed.

hi,

I am sorry but it still not taking the changes, tried changing the default vm 0004 to 5548 and then pressed add but still followed by save and exit but still cant see the changes, the vm no still displays as 0004.

any idea why it is not taking changes.

I finally did it , can add new voice mail boxes and modify the vm numbers also.

thanks