VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Conference Call

Hello,

I use Voice Guide with an AVM Fritz card ans ComISDN and I need to make conference call in order to connect a caller and a caller phone and to record the phone.

I tried blind and announced conference call and never the called phone rings. I also tried announced call transfer with the same result. Finally I tried blind transfer and in this case the called phone rings once and then stop. It is not possible to answer. The call is stopped by Voice Guide immediately after the first ring.

Is it possible in my context to make conference call. If yes, where could be the problem.

I enclosed a Log file with inside the 4 situations blind and announced transfer and conference call.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Pierre Métrailler

Log_Voice_Guide.txt

You need to first make sure that the phone line that you are using supports this feature.

Basic Rate ISDN lines do not usually support this at all.

Most phone company's PSTN analog lines support this - but you still need to check with the phone company - you may need to pay extra to have this feature turned on.

I have tested and my phone line supports conference call.

To make a conference call, the procedure ask for a hookflash, ask to compose the phone nummer of the third person, a hookflask and 3.

It is the same that is used in transfer module of Voice Guide.

Is your phone handset an 'analog' type one? If it has a 'hookflash' button on it then I suspect that it must be an analog handset... not a digital one.

If you have an analog line then why are you using an AVM Fritz card? Just use an analog card like Dialogic D/4PCI.

My phone is an numeric one. I just have asked my telephon operator to know how to make a conference call with an ISDN phone and to be sure that the way to set up a 3 way conference used by the transfer Call module is the right one ....

If it is not possible to make a conference call using Voice Guide over ComISDN and a Fritz card tell me and I will study an other hardware solution.

You cannot use VG + ComISDN + Fritz card to set up a conference call.

In your case I think you should look at using a Dialogic card (eg: D/4PCI) with an analog line.

Ok. Because we need ISDN fonctionnality such automatic identification based on the caller phone number, for us, use of analogic line is the worst solution.

Does your answer mean that Voice Guide is not able to manage 3-ways conference calls over ISDN line ?

If not with what type of ISDN card is Voice Guide compatible ?