VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Can't Tranfer

Hi,

I have a problem to transfer a call to another extension of my Panasonic KX-TD108.

VG is running under XPPro and ther is a Smartlink 56 Kb analog Voice/faxmodem in my PC. This modem is connected through the Panasonic KX-TD108. There is also an ISDN card in the PC, which is directly connected to the outside line, but this is not configured in VG.

When I call the ext of the PC, VG answere it coorectly. When I press * the call must be transfered to ext. 28 (i.e.), but the only thing VG does is the hookflash. There are no dialing tones of the call to ext 28. When I call some ext with Windows Hyperterminal, I hear the dialingtones and the ext rings...

What is wrong??

I will attach the logfile.

Thnx in Advance.

Mart.

1101vgm.txt

Maybe there is a short pause needed between the hookflash and the extension dialed. As per: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modXfer.htm

When specifying the number you can use the commas ',' to indicate pauses in the dialing sequence, ie: allow a pause between the hookflash and the telephone number being dialed add a couple of commas before the phone number. (eg: the text box in the screenshot above would read ",,4583")

I've tried that, but it seems that my modem coun't pickup the Panasonic dial tone back, so the modem do not dial the transfered number. I think VG place the incoming call on 'hold', as is seems to be.

Please help.

Tnx.

Mart

Hi,

Does not work either, no difference with the regular transfer. There is NO dial tone from the Panasonic after the hookflash ... ;-(

Is it possible, that my MODEM will not support 'Hookflash'??

(Smartlink Voice/fax 56Kb)

Hi,

I think the hookflash works correct, but I notice, in the settings of my modem, there is nothing I can do when VG is activated. All the things you can select or set is gray and not to change. When I close VG everything is normal and selectable. So maybe VG is using the modem all the time when it's active. Is that depending of a setting??

Thanks in advance.

Mart.

All the things you can select or set is gray and not to change

What things are you talking about? Can you provide some sceenshots please.

You should probably speak with the modem manufacturer to find out why their drivers work like this, and what significance this has.