VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Screen Pop

Hello All,

Has anyone created a screen pop with your application, if so please explain how it was done. Thanks for your help.

From: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modR...dRunProgram.htm :

Example 4:

Send a message to another computer, alerting a particular user of an event. eg. when the caller on the VoiceGuide system is about to be transferred to their extension.

Windows NT/2000/XP : Can use the NET SEND command (type "net help send" for full command syntax) :

net send someusername "VG call from $RV_CIDNUMBER"

Windows 95/98/ME : need to use a 3rd party message product like Vypress Messenger or RealPopup.

Is this what you want or did you have something else in mind?

Thanks for your quick response, but what I had in mind was for the caller's information to appear on my agent's computer. Something like a CTI interface.

Would this callers information be retrieved from your database using the incoming call's CallerID number?

If yes then you should be retrieving this info from a database before sending the message containing the required info to the agents computer...

The answer is yes, after that information has been retrieved from the database how do I dispaly that information on the agent's screen? Please help.

The simplest was to display information on agents screen is as mentioned in the first response - use the NET SEND command or Vypress Messenger or RealPopup etc...

You can also get a programmer to write your own popup application...

If I want to write my own popup application, do you know where to start or do you know of a book I could read to show me how it is done? Thanks.

Popup is just a simple instant messaging application - sending a message from one computer (VG) to another (Agent).

Don't know of any particular book - but you should probably read up on TCP/IP sockets.