VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Load-testing VoiceGuide To 90 Lines

A few people were asking how VoiceGuide performs under load.

Here is some info on a simple load test done on a 90 line system.

The 'Credit Card Payment' demo script was set to be used when answering calls, and 3 E1 lines were used to deliver calls into the system. After the call was answered the dialer would play the wav file which contained a series of DTMF tones - taking the system under test through the entire 'Credit Card Payment' demo script.

Here is what the system status is like with 30 lines going:

post-2-1097233148.gif

This AVI will give you an idea of how fast the digits were fed to the system on each channel (basically it was a lot faster then any human would type them in)

vg_loadtest30.zip

The test system was DELL PowerEdge 400SC with 2.8GHz P4 (single CPU) and 1GB RAM, running 'Windows Small Business Server 2003' and Dialogic DMV1200B card.

DELL PowerEdge 400SC is an entry level workstataion see here for info on PowerEdge 400SC.

At 90 lines VG used 40MB RAM (as reported by Task Manager)

Debug Logging to file was turned off (CPU usage would be a fair bit higher at 90 lines if debug logging was left on)

Excellent job guys! This is the kind of thing I think everyone here was interested in. You guys should add this to the main page of the website. This is huge selling point for you guys and proof that the system can hande what you say it can handle. Very impressive!

So I take it to test 90 lines you actually had 180 lines total? 90 incoming for VG and 90 for the dialer?

Thanks,

Chad

The incoming 90 lines were from other machines - only 90 lines were used on the test machine here.

One other quick question. How did you guys get yours to resize where it would show more lines at a time? The one I have is locked to a certain height and width.

Also, when ordering the license, is there a way to specify we need the version that works with Dialogic and ISDN PRIs?

Where do we download this version?

Thanks,

Chad

How did you guys get yours to resize where it would show more lines at a time?

In the View menu there is a "Short/Long List" option.

Also, when ordering the license, is there a way to specify we need the version that works with Dialogic and ISDN PRIs?

Yes. Just mention this in the 'Comments' field when placing the order.

Greate job ,

well , we intend to use Dialogic DM/V1200 4E1 with VG for IVR application ,

now we have three component , The Dialogic card , VG software , and the Database , kindly advice what is the recomended allocation for our servers , i.e shall vg and dialogic card be installed on the same server or is it better to keeb free server for the dialogic card and put VG software and database in one server ?

Regards

we intend to use Dialogic DM/V1200 4E1 with VG for IVR application

There are 3 generations of the DMV1200 series out there. The current one is the DMV1200B - it's a lot more versatile then the previous DMV1200 cards - I'd advise you to go for the "B" series card.

You may design VG scripts using the "Script Designer" on remote servers, but the VoiceGuide software itself must be installed on the same machine that has the Dialogic card.