VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Problem With Modem Zyxel Comet 336

I had download ver. 2.9 of VG few years before. This version still works ok with my modem zyxel comet 336. The software works well as expected. But the new version (4.8.45) does not recognize the in coming ring. Both the version are now loaded and dont seem to conflict. I have tried loading them seperately also.

Is there any additional seting for the new version. We want to test the as early as possible so as to get a working solution by 1st may.

Just now checked that supervoice software also works OK with this modem.

Rajesh Halyal

v2.9 takes over control of the COM port and talks directly to the modem (like supervoice does).

v4 uses the modem's TAPI and Wave drivers.

To use the modem with v4 you need to ensure that it's Wave drivers are correctly installed... are they?

When v2.9 is running it will answer all calls and it will not allow v4 to see any calls coming in - so if you want to use v4 you need to ensure that v3.9 is not running at the same time

Which version of Windows are you using?

I dont use both version simultaneously (v2.9 and v4.8) . I am using Win98 currently.

I have bought a new Dlink external modem and it seems to work fine.

The new problem is even if the vg is supposed to answer after 2 rings it waits till 4-5 rings to answer.

I am now testing the trial version. I will have to develop the working version also on my machine and then transfer to my clients machine. There seems onboard network card on the machine how do I transfer after the system is complete.

Rajesh

Does the modem hear all the rings that the caller hears as well?

With some telephone companies the caller's handset will start ringing before the ringing signal is heard at destination...

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

I will send both the script and debug later today info as away from the computer.

There is new problem the script does not recognize the callerid.

Can I lic. ver VG2.9

Rajesh

There is new problem the script does not recognize the callerid.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

Can I lic. ver VG2.9

Yes, we can still issue v2.9 licenses but there is limited support for that product as it is so old. I would try contacting Zyxel to get up to date drivers for your modem which correctly install TAPI/Wave drivers and allow you to use v4

As the zyxel comet did not work I have also brought Dlink DFM-560ES 56kbs modem. The version 4.8 is working properly bu the Called Id is not received.

And the script and the debug script are attached.

Rajesh

VoiceGuideLog0505.txt

The trace shows that the modem's TAPI driver is not sending any Caller ID information to VoiceGuide.

The Dlink company has replied that the modem does not support Caller ID.

Now the only hope is on Zyxel comet 336.

Rajesh

Accroding to the Zyxel comet data sheet it has caller id facility.

But version 2.9 does not detect the caller id. (the script used was the demo answering machine). Even supervoice didnot detect caller id.

Is there any specail modem init string to ativate this facility.

Rajesh

Maybe the modem expects the caller ID to be sent in a different format to what your phone company is sending it... you should continue speaking to Zyxel regarding this issue...

Or just ask at your local computer shop for a modem which will work...

I asked the telephone office about the CLI format.

It is in DTFM format with the first ring.

Is there any way to capture this.

Rajesh

Do the tones get played after the call is answered or immediately after the first RING arrives?

When you answer a call on this line can you hear the string of DTMF tones being played on the line?

How about if you answer the call immediately after the first RING?

If the tones get played after the call is answered then this is essentially Inband Signaling...

(Very few companies send Caller ID like this - this signaling method is mostly used by PBXs).

VoiceGuide can listen for Inband Signaling - please read the section of the Help file which details how to configure VoiceGuide to listen for Inband Signaling.

If the tones get played immediately after the first RING arrives regardless of whether the call is answered or not then such signaling is intended to be used by the modem - ask the telephone office if they know of any modems which can work with this signaling in your area.

There is still a chance that VoiceGuide itself will be able to intercept these tones - set VoiceGuide to answer after 0 rings on that line, and also configure it to listen for Inband Signaling - VoiceGuide may just be able to answer the call fast enough to be able to hear these DTMF tones as well and read them into it's Inband Signaling detector.

I'd suggest asking at your local computer store for a modem which can detect the type of Caller ID information set by your phone company... local retailers would know best which modems support Caller ID detection in your area..