VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Limits

Guys,

I have asked this similar question before, but I can't find it and never really got a solid enough answer. How did you guys come up with your 240 line limit? Did you actually have a system setup with 240 lines or is this some sort of educated guess?

There is a lot riding on this project and really need a straight, firm and professional answer from you guys. We basically want to just run the system as a straight voicemail system with pretty much the same features you have on any standard voicemail system. We are going to start out with about 10,000 mailboxes and 96 phone lines(4 T1 PRI). Now, the XML file used to store mailboxes over about 5,000 is basically useless, but this part can be easily fixed by replacing your getsettings calls with my own and pulling from a database. I have tested your software with loading up to 200,000 mialboxes from an XML file just to see if it could load them and still run without crashing. It did fine even though it took an hour to load the file and we were only able to test with a few phone lines.

So does that sound like something your software can handle? Support through these forums are great, albeit a little slow, but for large corporate customers you guys are shooting yourself in the foot. Its hard to put trust in a company that just has a website and forum with no physical address or phone number. Basically, if this project goes nationwide, we will be your largest customer I am pretty sure and don't want to be communicating through these forums like everyone else off the street. We would like to work with you directly to help improve your software to make it better for us and you.

What would be great is if you had some type of documentation to backup your 240 line theory that you guys used during testing or a customer that uses your software in a similar fashion that we could speak with.

I have not seen anyone on this forum use it in such a large capacity. Most people here have pretty simple uses for it and I am sure it runs fine. Any help and clarification you can provide would be greatly appreciated. If you need me to provide contact info to talk with me directly, I can do that to.

Thanks,

Chad Steelman

VP

Voltage Consulting

I think your previous post asking about the limits is here:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2015

The answers provided to that post are pretty much correct.

For a voicemail server where each line is constantly playing/recording and processing caller's selections I'd say the practical limit would be closer to about 120 lines. 240 is for applications like dating lines, prepaid connections etc.

The XML based voicemail system which ships with VG is not really designed to more the 1000 mailboxes - but moving it to a database based system allows you to have millions of mailboxes (as you mention in your post we've provided you with info before on how to go about convert your system to use a database)

Clients who run systems with 60+ lines have access to direct phone support. If you order the 96 line license then you will be supplied with a contact in our company and will be able to contact them direct by phone to discuss issues.

We are in Sydney, Australia and that's one of the reasons why forum based support works best. We used to get swamped with phone calls before so we no longer provide free phone support.

Thank you for your post. All the information provided was very helpful. That is good that you do provide phone support for your larger customers. That puts any worries I had to rest.

I am going to go ahead and assume a 96 line limit as a test for the first few months until I can see how usage goes and how the server performs. I will keep you guys updated as to how it goes, so you can also better judge the limits of a single system.

Also, do you recommend using a single Dialogic card or breaking it up into multiple cards?

like...1 96-line card, 2 48-line cards, 4 24-line cards

Do you know of any advantages or disadvantages to doing it either way?

Thanks for all your help guys!

Chad

There is no difference from the performance point of view between choosing 1 96-line card or 2 48-line cards or 4 24-line cards.

I'd probably recommend going for a 1 96-line card and using the new DMV1200B. That new card has more features that will soon be taken advantage of by VoiceGuide - like conferencing and ASR (make sure it's a "B" series!).