VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

D4/PCI card Locks Up

Can anybody please help?

We have a D4pci card set up to answer incoming calls, play a wav file and ask for certain keys to be pressed and then hang up. We also dial out from the card and play wav's and wait for keys.

The problem we are having is that is works fine for 6-7 days on certain sites and 1-2 hours on others before the lines lock and we have to restart the computer.

We have tried to stop and start the services but get an error.

One thing we have noticed is that we can also cause the line to hangup if there is certain background noise and we think this may be causing the lines to lock.

Please help, we have had this problem now for 4-5 weeks. and a few people are starting to shout (scream).

Mike

Which version of Windows, Dialogic drivers and VoiceGuide are you using?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - then make sure the 'save to log file' option is enabled, or the 'trace level' is set to '10' - depending on version of VoiceGuide you are using.

The log files should then be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

When problem occurs next time please .ZIP up all the log files and post them here or email them to support@voiceguide.com

Can you please also post the script? We'll try to re-create your setup on our test machines.

I must be honest and say we do not use your software, we have interfaced the card into our own using standard Microsoft TAPI interface.

I was hoping somebody could give me some ideas so that I could try them. We are now getting desperate.

We are using a clean Compaq Windows XP box that was purchased just for this purpose. It has nothing on it apart from AVG anti-virus our application and the latest dialogic drivers etc. We have it setup on 2 different sites and the same thing happens on both.