VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Inband Siemens Saturn

Hi I'm attempting to setup a voicemail system for my church. We are planning on developing a small system with 3 lines. The phone system the church is using is an Old Siemens Saturn IIE. We have no documentation for it. Is there any way to get the codes used during inband signaling?

Thanks,

Matt Hohman

New Heights Church

Vancouver, WA USA

Do you know how to configure it so that it does send Inband information at the beginning of the call? (is it sending them already?)

Once it is sending Inband information we can see what DTMF tones are being sent and it is possible usually to figure out what parts of the Inband tone string we should be looking at to determine extension number etc.

To see what Inband tones are being sent just have VoiceGuide answer a call with the first module in a the script being a 'Get numbers' module - any DTMF tones sent by the PBX will be captured by VoiceGuide and displayed in the status field for the line on which the call arrived...

It may be a good idea to approach your local Siemens distributor as well and ask them if they have any information on the Inband information sent by those systems and how to enable it...

Thanks for your quick reply it does not send inband information at this time. I'm unsure how to enable it would this be a software thing or a hardware jumper type setting? Thanks for all your help.

Matt Hohman

New Heights Church

Vancouver, WA USA

You will have to speak to someone who knows that PBX. Best to try asking Siemens distributors, or go directrly to Siemens technical support...

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS ON THE SIEMENS SATURN SERIES PBX, I CAN ANSWER THEM.

I ALSO HAVE PARTS AVAILABLE.

BILL PUMMER

PUMMER COMMUNICATION

WWW.PUMMERCOMM.US

Did you get the help you needed with the Saturn and your voicemail? If Not email me at rmballinger@earthlink.net. I'll be glad to help.

IF ANYONE STILL HAS QUESTIONS ABOUT SIEMENS SATURN YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT bp@pummercomm.us.

Bill Pummer Jr

5456 Nor-Bath Blvd.

Northampton, Pa. 18067

I HAVE BEEN INSTALLING AND SERVICING SATURNS FOR 15 YEARS, AND STII DO. I BELIEVE I CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS INCLUDING INBAND AND T1.

BJPJR0@JUNO.COM