VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

What Log To Look In

I am running 5.2.3a Enterprise on a Dell 3.2GHz, 1GB, w2k, 2 x D/120JCT-LS handling 24 lines. The unit handles 800 - 1000 calls a day. The problem is the VG program will go along for 3 to 12 hrs answering calls then for some reason the VG program just stops. Windows is running OK, just VG has stopped. The VG program will start right up and begin receiving calls. What log file can I look in to see what may be causing VG to stop.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

The log files are saved in \log\ subdirectory.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option the set log level to '10' and then the log files will be saved in \log\ subdirectory.

Can we access this computer using PCAnywhere? if yes the please email us the login details to support@voiceguide.com and we can take a look at this machine directly.

I turn on the log files and let it run till is stop. I then saved all the logs and then Zip them. The file is 3.2mb and your attachment message states that the max file size is 1mb. How do you want me to send this Zip file to you?

As you said to do, I sent you a Zip file by email on the 14th. After not hearing anything I sent you other email on the 15th. I still have not heard anything. Are my emails getting to you?

The program will not running 24 hrs even under low loads. It stopped running 3 times on Saturday. Every time it stops I have to drive 18 miles back to work to start it up agian. This is giving old! I start it Saturday after noon and I'm back here Sunday morning to restart it again. I've attach the Logs for today so you can see where it stopped.

Some thing has to be fixed here.

Phone_Logs.zip

Can you please also post the script? We'll try to re-create your setup on our test machines.

I've sent an email to support with the phone program zip attached, because the zip file was larger then 1mb. Hope this will help. Monday a man from our IT department is coming back to do a complete check of the hardware again. If that shows up any thing I'll let you know.

The trace file posted does not show any errors - the last call captured in the trace ends fine:

021134.70 5 Hanging up call...

and the last line in the trace shows that the regular 'garbage collection'/ 'housekeeping' task ran fine a few minutes later...

021520.53 0 sys cleanup Start

The trace files emailed previously show not problems either - the trace from 13th Sept starts at 6pm and shows calls taken right through to midnight, and then trace on 14th shows calls continuing being taken all the way till just after 8am when the trace file was copied to a .ZIP file and emailed... (log file is dates same time as when the trace within that file stops).

There are no signs of the program being restarted in any of the traces.

Are there any indications of any problems on the system when you restart VG (error message boxes etc.) ?

Have you tried making a test call to the system before restarting VoiceGuide?

I understand that you just restarted VG?

Is this problem related at all to your post here: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2044 ?

We've had a look at your application - it is certainly quite sophisticated and we'd probably need to spend quite a bit of time just figuring out what buttons to press to run it on our test machine - we can still try running it up though, if you could indicate to us what DTMF tone sequence we can use in the incoming calls to make the script go through the usual callflows - if you could indicate those (or even better provide a sound files with the DTMF tones recorded in it) then we can go ahead and run up a test of this system on our test servers.

Just a update on our program shutdown problem. We were receiving so many phone call complaining about the phone registration being down that we put out a notice, “Do to the phone system software problems we are stopping phone registration for this first round of registration”. After taking the system down we had Dell’s people go though the unit from top to bottom to see if it was a something in their unit causing the problem. After a full day of testing and finding no problems we reformatted the drive and loaded a new system. After the phone programs were loaded I had 4 people calling in and do every thing they could to make the program fail, but everything worked OK. So we cleaned up the database and put the phone system back on line. We put the word out to the schools that if they had students that still had not registered that they could use the phone system again. I started phone system at 8:00 AM on Tuesday and when I left that night at 4:30 PM it was still running with very low call-in volume. When I can in this morning, Wednesday, the program had stopped again. I had the Event Trace Log running and I did see that it ended one trace on 10-05 and started a new trace on 10-06. There are errors in the new logs so I’ve attached it to this post. Maybe you can see something in it.

I noticed in one of the post that you told the person to use the Dialogic VG. Do you have a VG that uses only Dialogic Boards, because that all we are using. Also in another post you talked about downloading a new version. I’m using version 3.2.3018. Is this the newest version?

1006VGM.TXT

Trace from 6th Oct shows that VoiceGuide was started at 7:27AM.

Could you please post both the 'vgm' and the 'tw' log from 6th October (1006vgm.txt and 1006tw.txt)

I've sent an email to support with a zip file attached that has the following 2 file in it:

1. 1006tw.txt (this one starts at the time VG started a new log on 10-6 up to last night sometime when the program started on it's own again.

2. 1006vgm.txt (this one I think started new when I removed the first 1006vgm.txt file to send to support).

Your statement: "Trace from 6th Oct shows that VoiceGuide was started at 7:27AM" can't be right because the trace I sent you was the new trace file VG started when it changed the trace file name from 1005 to 1006. The 1006vgm.txt I'm sending you now was started after I restarted VG 10-06 AM and the program shutdown sometime 10-06 PM. There is no trace for 10-7 so it had to have shutdown sometime before the date change.

The first few lines of the vgm log files (both the one emailed to us and one posted just above by you) show:

073247.36  0 ApiMode=[TAPI]

073247.38  0 Tapi device 28 is: Analog Line 24(dxxxB6C4)

073247.38  0 Tapi device 27 is: Analog Line 23(dxxxB6C3)

073247.38  0 Tapi device 26 is: Analog Line 22(dxxxB6C2)

073247.38  0 Tapi device 25 is: Analog Line 21(dxxxB6C1)

073247.38  0 Tapi device 24 is: Analog Line 20(dxxxB5C4)

073247.38  0 Tapi device 23 is: Analog Line 19(dxxxB5C3)

073247.38  0 Tapi device 22 is: Analog Line 18(dxxxB5C2)

073247.38  0 Tapi device 21 is: Analog Line 17(dxxxB5C1)

073247.38  0 Tapi device 20 is: Analog Line 16(dxxxB4C4)

073247.39  0 Tapi device 19 is: Analog Line 15(dxxxB4C3)

The above shows the app starting at 7:32AM and initialising the devices...

The tw trace emailed to us begins with:

072730.484 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

072730.484 TAPIWrap OCX v1.84.0, May 20 2004 14:56:36 [For Dialogic Analog]

072730.484 Started at 1006 072730.484

072730.484 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and then a bit further along it has:

073247.281 ocxfn LogLevels 10,C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\log\,tw.txt,,(null)

073247.312 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

073247.312 TAPIWrap OCX v1.84.0, May 20 2004 14:56:36 [For Dialogic Analog]

073247.312 Started at 1006 073247.312

073247.312 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirming that the app was started at 7:32AM.

From previous post I understood that system stopped sometime between 5th Oct evening and morning of 6th Oct?

I think it may be better for us to have a look at the logs from 5th Oct.

Also, when VG 'stops' for you, do you see any errors on screen? Is VG still runnig or is it 'frozen' or has it closed down etc?

We've has a quick look at your scripts but as there seems to be around 20 or them in your IVR system it wikll take a us a long time to try and understand them - if you could give us sound files we can play to the system then we should be able to run up a setup designed to try to reproduce the problem you are seeing. The sound file(s) should just contain the series of DTMF tones (and appropriate pauses between tones) which a caller would press when using the system...