VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Modem Suitability/dialogic Too $$$

Have seen IVG in action and was quite impressed.

I am now looking to set up IVG for myself - and was wondering if anyone can recommend specific Voice Modems as being more reliable than others.

I have investigated the price (in AUD) of the dialogic card (D4PCI) and it is too costly for myself at this point ($1284/unit).

Any suggestions/tips for someone hoping to get IVG running via Voice Modem would be appreciated (location - Australia).

Voice modems have all kinds of drawbacks. The volume is too low and response time is too long. Get a Dialogic card on eBay for less than $200.

*** VoiceGuide Support ***

The D4PCI card in US costs around US$500 (AU$850) brand new, and used ones are even cheaper as the poster above mentioned.

If that is still too expensive then as a general rule most external Rockwell based mdoems should give you adeqate results - but be warned that they will not give you a professional solution...

In Australia I'd first try a NetComm or a Dynalink modem - the models change every 6 months or so so I do not know the current model number - best to ask at your local Harvey Norman or Harris Technologies or another large computer store, and make sure yo are allowed to return the modem for a replacement if you find the sound quality is not very good... ;)

I picked up my Dialogic D/41Esc on Ebay for just over $200.00. I would not get anything less that a D/41E or D/21E, 4 line versus 2 line. I am pretty sure that the D was the first one that VG would support, but I think the E was the version that supported caller ID.

I use D/4PCI as my dialogic board and DLink .... (I forget the series) as my voice modem. When I use my program with Dlink, the sound is quite good, eventhough there's noise. But when I use dialogic, the sound is very low. I almost can not hear anything. Is my program that bad or there's something wrong with my dialogic card?

Perhaps the sound files themselves are not recorded vey loud?

Can you try using some of VoiceGuide's system sound files (see \system\voice\ directory) for comparison...

Also I'd recommend trying Dialogic's TALKER32 sample app...