VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

No Sound When Using The Dialer

Hi

I am using the evaluation version 5.2.3018 with an external modem for testing purposes. I am aware that external modems arent ideal for this technology. My problem is that when using the dialer with your bundled Collections script, I dont hear anything when I pick up the phone. Because of the modem, I set it so it plays the AcceptAutoCall.wav. Even when I remove the prompt message, Voiceguide shows that it is playing however I still hear nothing. However, when I use the Voiceguide to receive calls, it plays the sounds just fine. Attached is my call log when using the dialer. Is there perhaps a setting that I am missing or do you think it could be the modem? If its the modem, why would it work just fine when receiving calls but not when making calls?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Julian

calllog.txt

If its the modem, why would it work just fine when receiving calls but not when making calls?

We have not seen this before - usually if the sound works for incoming it works for outgoing as well. The only thing I can recommend is trying another modem or just getting a Dialogic card (they're pretty cheap on Ebay).