VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Make Outbound Call

Randyman wrote:

I'm looking for a way that I can call 3 numbers and have a prerecorded message played to all, but I need this to run from a command line.

What I have is a datalogger that is monitoring some rooms temperature. When a room temperature gets out of range, the software will run a command.

I've looked through the help files but do not see any syntax of how this is accomplished.

You can load the telephone numbers to be called into VoiceGuide by having them saved in a ‘Dial List’ text file.

Instructions are in Help file...

Quoting From Help file:

The ‘Dial List’ file can also be used to add new telephone numbers to be dialed by VoiceGuide. When the file is created, VoiceGuide will read in the file and delete it after reading it's contents.

‘Dial List’ file should be created in VoiceGuide's \data directory, and be called DialListNew.txt

The ‘Dial List’ file syntax is:

strCallTime, strPhoneNumber, iDialRetries, iDelay, strAnnouce, strOnHuman[, strOnAM][, strRV][, (DialListEntry)]

Square brackets indicate optional fields and DialListEntry indicates that alterative contact telephone number can be specified.

Where:

strCallTime

Time the call is to be made. Format is "hh:nn AMPM dd/mm/yy". eg: "10:30 AM 20/05/00" would mean: Make the call on 20th May 2000, at 10:30am. If the date/time is the current one or has passed then the calls will commence immediately.

strPhoneNumber

The phone number which the system has to dial.

iDialRetries

How many times VoiceGuide will re-dial the phone number, before abandoning trying to contact this number. If iDialRetries is set to 0 then only one call will be made.

iDelay

How many minutes VoiceGuide will wait between successive attempts (if iDialRetries is set to 1 or more).

strAnnouce

The sound file which will be played asking the recipient to accept the call if we are using a Voice modem to place calls. If omitted then VoiceGuide's default sound file will be used. If the word none is specified, then no file will be played, and the strOnHuman setting will be started immediately.

strOnHuman

VoiceGuide script or sound file which will be used when the call is answered by a real person (or when a key is pressed by a person accepting the call if a Voice modem is used and we are playing strAnnouce)

strOnAM

VoiceGuide script or sound file which will be used when the call is answered by an answering machine.

strRV

List of custom Result variables which can be used by the VoiceGuide script above. The format of this field is [RvName]{RvValue}. Multiple Result variables can be specified by listing the name-value pairs as needed. This parameter is optional.

Example 1 (typical when dialing using a voice modem) :

9:30 AM 28/04/00, 5553423, 3, 20, d:\Sound Files\welcome1.wav, d:\scripts\statequery.vgs

Example 2 (typical when dialing using a Dialogic card) :

12:30 PM 30/05/01, 05625553424, 3, 20, none, d:\scripts\salespitch.vgs, d:\scripts\answeringmachinemsg.wav

Example 3 (individual calls customized) :

6:30 PM 30/03/01, 05625553424, 1, 10, none, d:\scripts\weekly_specials.vgs, d:\scripts\weekly_specials.vgs, [ClientID]{123456}[PriceWidget]{125}[PriceDelivery]{7.50}

I may be missing something, but I do not understand what this will do from a command line. If I were to go to 'run' and put in example 1. It would come up and say, "Cannot find the file '9:30' (or one of its components). Make sure the path r filename are correct..."

Your command line must write the data into the DialListNew.txt file.

You can do this quite easily using the DOS echo command.

eg:

echo 9:30 AM 28/04/00, 5553423, 3, 20, d:\Sound Files\welcome1.wav, d:\scripts\statequery.vgs > c:\vg\data\DialListNew.txt

(the above should be all on one line of course)