VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Error In 5.2.3a (using Dialogic D21/H card)

Hello,

I have made many attempts with many different configurations to run VG.

In a nutshell: After starting vg (w/ or w/o config mgr. first) I get it to go to the Mailbox system and record a message properly, but only on the first initial call.

The next phone call (and all other attemps) though never get through the loop, sometimes and sometimes not playing the welcome message. and a runtime error is always recorded in the log.

ERROR 5.2.3018 RunModule:0:9:Subscript out of range:VoiceGuide

The only way to get VG to answer the next call correctly is to exit the program, delete the ~tmp files in the windows/temp directory. This only works for one call at a time.

I am using win 98se with a dialogic d21/h card, and the evaluation version of VG., the latest service packs available incl. newest vbrun.

Talker, Dialog Diagnostics all work fine

The VG install dialogic analog does not (after running D Config) initialize correctly i.e Tapiwrap.ocx not registered. VG does run only with the generic TAPI device selected. I have tried may different approaches including, but not limited to using the VG 2.9 version, changing, remapping, deleting wav drivers, modifiying all wav files to 8khz 8bit, 11khz 8bit, modifying VG.ini etc. etc. etc.

Attached is one of the many log files. Possibly someone has run into the same problem?

Thank you,

0816vgm.txt

The problems towards to beginning of the trace have mode to do with sound files not playing properly.

To test the rest can you please set up the system to use the demo Credit Card Payment script and post the trace capturing an incoming call when that script answers calls.

I agree that there is sth amiss with wav record/play. I have create a whole set of wav files in different formats to see whether that would change anything,

i.e. 8khz - 16 11.025 - 16 etc.

The Credit Card script runs through fine albeit it needs the 8khz files. Nevertheless, even at 8khz there is an Bad_wave error in the log files.

Attached are 4 different sets of logs, possiby they shed some light on it where #- is the name of the file.

Control/Panel/Settings/Multimedia/

1. Play DxxxC1B1 / Record DxxxC1B1

Original 8khz files

2. Play DxxxC1B1 / Record DxxxC1B1

with changed files to 11.025

3 Play [Any available device] / Record DxxxC1B1

with changed files to 11.025

4 Play [Any available device] / Record DxxxC1B1

Original 8khz files

Thank you.

log_files.txt

The trace from the first call seems to show that all sound files are played OK...

Can you please indicate what is the actual problem and provide a succinct example/trace of it.

Thank you for looking at this.

Attached is the vgm.txt file. The basic problem is that I can get only 1 voice mal to record and the next time the system hangs up.

The Credit Card script runs fine without any problems.

Thanks again,

0818vgm.txt

Can you please post the script that you are using (C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\more sample scripts\AutoAttendant\armec.vgs)

We could not reproduce the error on our test systems here.

Could you please update your system with the vgmulti.exe attached here, then reproduce the error and post the trace.

The new vgmulti.exe has more debug tracing in it to help us find where the problem is happening on your system.

VgMulti_5.2.3028.zip

This trace captures another error - during recording...

133929.68  4 [VmLmRec] Recording

133930.34  4 RecSoundStart err[32]

This trace and the previous error trace both point to problems with Wave drivers on your system - I;d recommend just ditching this card and getting newer Dialogic card (eg: D/4PCI)