VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Error Starting Dialogic Service

OS Windows 2000 server SP4.

H/W Dialogic D/4PCIU (purchased from Voice Guide) Location 4 (PCI bus 0, device 9, function 0)

I installed hardware with default setting (Hook state on, SW30 default). Installed 5.1.1 Dialogic SDK, then installed SR 5.1.1 FP1. Installed TAPI driver and then Wave driver. Intel DCM did not automatically detect my D/4PCIU. So I added it in. When I tried to start service in DCM, it reported Error Starting Dialogic Service.

I checked under device manager, The card is listed under other devices and device status window reported "No drivers are installed for this device.

If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshooter to start the troubleshooter.".

From Voice Guide Config Wizard, Dialogic is not available as option, When I tried to add it in, it reported service provider has not started.

I must have missed a step during installation, please help.

You could be having an ACPI problem that a few other users have ran into. Please read: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1424

Alternatively you could just try placing the card in different PCI slots and see if any of these will result in your card being detected automatically.

The DCM should detect the D/4PCI card automatically. If that does not happen then nothing else will work.

Tried moving card to another slot. The result is the same. My server is a dual P3/1000, changing it to an uniprocessor seems to defeat the purpose of having Dual CPU. Is there any thing else I can try?

I reviewed the suggested thread, my situation is different. In my case the Wave driver reported enabled and functioned properly. My problem is the TAPI driver and DCM refused to detect the card auotmatically.

Is that installation of Windows a clean install or are there other apps installed on this server?

Do you have any other computers you can try running though the install on?

What is the make/model of the server which you are using?

Getting the DCM working is the first thing. Without this there is no point even starting on TAPI/Wave drivers.

1. Windows is not clean installed. Had a lot of apps including development system.

2. I have a dual-athlon running Win XP Pro and a dual-opteron running win2003 server. Which one should I try?

3. They are white boxes I assembled myself. The problem installation is based on ASUS CUV266-D with VIA chipset.

4. I will try to install the card on the dual athlon as the opteron is 64bit (probably less compatible).

dcm.gif

I have tried on my Dual Athlon under XP Pro, same problem. DCM still does not detect my D4PCIU automatically. When I add the device manually and select auto detect. The device name is changed to ???? #0 in 2/8. It appeared that DCM could not identify the card hence it is given a name ????. I think #0 in 2/8 is the PCI information.

This is very frustrating. Any one please help.

Dual Athlon

I'd be sticking to Intel CPUs - and motherboards using Intel chipsets...

Do you have any more standard type machines to try?

We have seen Dialogic cards not working with certain computers before – and Intel does not really provide any tools that would help you determine what the actual problem is.

When putting together systems ourselves we use Intel MBs, or computers from large manufacturers (we use Compaq and DELL).

Yes, It is finally working on my DELL 8400/XP Pro. Intel must must make the most pickiest card (may be it is an anti-trust issue) in the world. Or may be it just does not work on multi-processor system. This definitely an issue that reseller have to advise buyer before purchase. If it is the driver issue, may be Intel should be informed so they can supply new one.

Thanks for all those who have helped.

Before we sign off, can you please advise me how to remove Dialogic SP 5.1.1 from my other computers. FP removed OK, but when I tried to remove SP 5.1.1 via "add/remove program", it reported an error "Can't stop dialogic service" and then hang.

You probably need to stop the Dialogic service manually first, and then do the uninstall...

I have checked under services in administrative tasks, all the dialogic service has not been started.