VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialing Script Options

Hi,

I'm looking into usinng VoiceGuide to develop an application to test another CTI server. To that end, I need it to repeatedly go through a database of dtmf tones and dial & transmit them over a four-line dialogic card (using line simulators).

So effectively, it'll be dialing '1' on any of the four lines to get a connection to the other server. Then querying a database to select the dtmfs to send -then hangup.

So a few questions...

With the dialing to get a connection... Could I set the dialer application to loop through the list of phone numbers (which would be just one entry of '1')? Or would i need to set up a huge excel file with all rows set as '1'?

I propose having an internal counter which gets incremented on each outbound call. However, I'm assuming that each of the four dialogic lines will need a script assigned to it and this counter will need to be global to all of them. So my question is whether the "Make RV Global" checkbox under an evaluation is:

1: Global across multiple lines running the same script

2: Maintained across multiple calls on the phones lines

Eg: If I'm using 4 lines and trying to call 12 phone-numbers, incrementing this global counter within the script before a call will maintain the count from 1 to 12?

Thanks

Could I set the dialer application to loop through the list of phone numbers (which would be just one entry of '1')?

No. You'll need to load an entry for each call that is to be attempted.

"Global RV" is global for entire system - any other script on any other line can access it (and set it to new value).

Thanks,

Could you tell me the maximum number of numbers to dial? Eg. If I set up the dialer to get the numbers from a file, what would be the largest XXXXXX... type number I could use?

We tested loading up to a few million of numbers. There really is no limit though.