VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Caller Id

Are you sure the CallerID is sent on your phone lines?

Do you know in what format the CallerID is sent by your phone company?

Yes the Caller Id send by phone line and i test it on call account software.But I do not know the format of caller id , how can i get it?

But I do not know the format of caller id , how can i get it?

You should ask the phone company.

You mention that you using call accounting software, does this mean that you have a PBX? Can you please tell us more about what sort of lines are plugged into the Dialogic card - the phone company's lines or PBX's extensions?

I plugged an extension id 111 to the dialogic card ,We program the PBX when it accept call transfer the call automatically to this extension 111.On the dialogic port we select a vioceguide script for auto attendant and voicemail. When we test the variable $RV_CIDNUMBER its NULL.

I gather from that answer that the Dialogic card has PBX extensions attached to it, and not the telephone company's lines?

Yes the Dialogic card has PBX extensions attached to it, and not the telephone company's lines.

PBXs do not usually send CallerID info in the same way as phone company’s do.

The usual way to forward caller ID on analog PBX extensions is to set up the PBX to forward the CallerID etc. via "Inband Signaling".

Check with your PBX supplier to see if your PBX supports Inband Signaling (or other forms of CTI).

Also read this: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Inba...ndSignaling.htm