VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Error In Voiceguide

Upon upgrading to version 5.2.3 from a 4.9 version, the program will not start the VB scipt to record a callers message after entering registration info.

It works fine before entering the registration info. I used copy and paste, and the program says it registered OK. But after registering, it says it cannot run the VB script in C:\program files\voiceguide\system\vm\.

Several people's income depends upon this program taking calls, so I could not leave it in demo mode over the weekend. I installed a version 50.a that I had downloaded some time back and it is working even after registration. Unfortunately, it erased the log file from version 5.2.3 that I was going to send you.

Of course I am a novice, but I could not see anything unusual in the log file other than the above: "cannot run the VB script in C:\program files\voiceguide\system\vm\." Sometimes the program would just stop, and other times it would hang up the line. I reinstalled the 5.2.3 version three different times with the same results. I uninstalled the program each time before re-installing.

I am running WindowsME, and have used your program for many months. I don't think the problem is my hardware. I have not made any changes.

Would appreciate a reply and instructions.

Thanks,

Tom Gantt

USA

tgantt@advanceplan.com

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

That is a problem...

I use VoiceModem to handle incoming calls on a 24-hour dedicated line. Several people depend upon the messages left for income.

When I uninstalled the latest version, and went back to 5.0.2000, it erased the log file I created during the problem.

I would have to uninstall 5.0.2000, reinstall the latest version, get a log file, then uninstall/reinstall. I'd like to avoid this if possible.

The problem seems to have something to do with the interaction between VoiceGuide and the vm scripts. I noticed from reading the text file in the \vm directory that different versions of VoiceGuide (personal, pro, etc.) interact with the vm scripts in different ways.

The demo version appears to interact with vm scripts as one version, and the "registered" version does something different. It seems to me that when I register my "pro" + dialer version that it is changing the vm scripts to some that are incompatible with the VoiceGuide license I have. I even copied the scripts from version 5.0.2000 into the \vm directory after installing the latest version. It looks for "VmLmRecInit" and doesn't find it.

Something tells me that the program is confused as to which license I have. Again, the registration is accepted by the program, and only stops working after registration is accepted. The contents of the \vm directory are completely changed after registration, and the registered program seems to be trying to run scripts that are no longer in the directory after entering the registration code.

I will do the uninstall/resinstall/uninstall/reinstall if that is the only way to fix this, but I am hoping you have another suggestion.

Thanks for your GREAT response and help.

Tom Gantt

tgantt@advanceplan.com

We have confirmed that a few changes in v5.2.3 were not compatible with the voicemail system scripts (thanks for reporting this bug).

Attached voicemail scripts should work OK now.

Please install v5.2.3 and unzip attachment in VG's \system\vm\ subdirectory.

If you still encounter any issues please do not hesitate in letting us know.

vm_5.2.3_fixed.zip

Works great! Thanks for all your help...glad I was able to participate in helping find a bug.

tg

v5.2.3 download has now been updated with these voicemail scripts.

The updated download is named: vg5.2.3a.exe