VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Making Call On Demand...

Hi!

Actually, i have an reception applicattion running in 4 lines a couple of weeks ago, but i need a new feature. I have a database like that (more or less):

CallTime (DateTime)

Telephone (Varchar)

Name (Varchar)

SurName (Varchar)

Ann (Varchar)

I need make a call when Now=CallTime using Telephone and play a annoucement using TTS (i have already working....), while my reception application keep on working.

I do not if i can use COM object to make this, or how to do it.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!!!

Actually, we have 4 enterprise license (without dialer). We want just one simultaneous line used to dial out. We will have an application running in background checking data base and insert outdial_new.xml in the right times (no callTime tag), something like:

<OutDialEntry>

<PhoneNumber>5553328</PhoneNumber>

<OnAnswer>d:\scripts\todays_specials.vgs</OnAnswer>

<OnAnswerMachine>d:\scripts\todays_specials_AM.vgs</OnAnswerMachine>

<RV>[ClientID]{123456}[PriceWidget]{125}[PriceDelivery]{7.50}</RV>

</OutDialEntry>

If i want the dialer uses only one line simultaneous, is it ok buy 1 line dialer license?

thanks!

Dialer line count must be same as the Pro/Ent license line count. You will need to purchase a 4 line dialer license.

We will have an application running in background checking data base

In that case it would be up to that application to decide when to have new numbers called.

I'd recommend using the COM interface rather then the XML file approach - its a better approach if you may have a number of successive calls to be loaded one after another.

Right. One more thing. I have seen how to use com object from vbs, it is not problem, but in our case, we use to deploy in borland delphi, and, in that sense, we know how to create com object by code directly correctly as well, the question is, do you have an .ocx that encapsule COM interface to install in our IDE?

thanks!!

do you have an .ocx that encapsule COM

We're not all that familiar with Delphi, but if you can call OCX methods then you should be able to instantiate and call the COM interface... (OCX interface is a COM interface after all) I'd suggest speaking to some other Delphi programmers or Delphi support groups...

Exactly, i have no problem to instantiate and call the COM interface. I guess, lot of Com objects can be imported like a visual component, being implemented as a .ocx or .dll file. do voiceguide have a specific dll to implement com object?

thanks!

No wrapper OCX/DLL is provided - probably the main reason why it was never really needed is as VG's COM interface is just a set of methods and events, and it does not have any GUI interface of it's own which would necessitate an OCX.

I understand that it is just as easy to instantiate a COM interface in most development environments as it is to drop in an OCX or call a DLL.