VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Need To Set Up 2 Phone Lines

For some reason VG only wants to recognize one phone line. We have been working very well for a couple of weeks on one line while learning the system. Today we tried to increase it to two phone lines. Using the Configuration Wizard we have tried to turn on Analog Line 2 in addition to Analog Line 1. The setup looks fine but when the program runs only Line 1 shows. If I setup only Line 2 it does show the correct line and VG answers that line. I have tried to set up both lines and VG only shows Line 1 and will only answer Line 1.

How do we set more than one line?

We are using the VG Voicemail Server script and D4pci card.

Sounds like you are running a licensed version of VoiceGuide that has only been licensed for one line...

Please post a screenshot of VG's 'About' window.

To purchase licenses for additional lines just buy them through the online order form.

Once again, Thanks for the quick reply. I've attached the requested screen shot and it says Multiline Professional and dialer with one line.

My meager understanding is that this will handle multiple lines coming in but only be able to dial out with one. Is that correct?

Dialing out with one line is fine for our purpose, but we would like 2 lines coming in to be answered.

In looking at your various license types, it appears that 4 line Professional with one dial out line is one price, then 4 line Professional with 4 line dialer is another price. Again, I'm not real clear to which one I would have to have.

If I want 1-4 lines coming in, but only need one line dialing out, do I already have that version? If not, which one do I need?

Thanks

Johnmcc

post-2-1087307271.jpg

One more question.

In reference to the above post, if we have to have a different license version, is that another download? If it's another download and install, will that use our current setup or do we have to start all over again re-configuring?

Thanks again.

Johnmcc

You will need to purchase another Pro+Dialer license if you require another line to be controlled by VoiceGuide and have the dialer enabled on the 2 line system

You cannot have a '2 line Pro + 1 line Dialer' license.

Dear Sir:

I'm posting this 2 1/2 years after the above post. This thread will show you proof of ownership and you explained (after I posted the About Screen) why only one line worked. This was fine and all was well for 2 1/2 years.

The motherboard died in the computer all this was in. I had a new motherboard installed. All data on the hard drive was fine and all works well, EXCEPT, my VG software and / or the Dialogice D/4PCI.

I had to re-install the Dialogic D/4PCI drivers. For whatever technical reason, this caused me to have to re-install my VG software. My VG software now says "Working Trial Version". I keep getting a message when starting up the VG that this is a "Working Trial Version".

I'm currently having problems setting my VG back up. I keep getting a Wave Driver not Installed message. I have followed the install procedures for the Dialogic card several times. The card appears to be running just fine and has passed all tests. The Wave driver shows up in properties for the card. The card shows "Running" when it's configuration manager is opened.

I'm concerned that because my VG software thinks it's Unregistered that this may be causing me a problem.

My VG software now shows 2 lines available (I only have the 1 line license). It keeps trying to initialize the 2nd line to no avail. I can not find where to disable or turn the 2nd line off.

Please help. My wife and I have a small real estate business as you can see by the above screen shot of our registration. We really need the services of your software returned to proper working order.

Your software has been a tremendous help to us and trouble free over the last 2 1/2 years.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

John McCrory

Your software has been a tremendous help to us and trouble free over the last 2 1/2 years.
Good to hear, thanks! :)

I keep getting a Wave Driver not Installed message.
You should be using VoiceGuide for Dialogic. Dialogic's TAPI and Wave drivers have problems...

Please send email to sales@voiceguide.com regarding registration code.

Thanks for the quick response.

We have been using the right VG for 2 1/2 years until our motherboard died.

That's why I'm asking for help. To get it back like it was.

John Mcc

Hello;

As per your suggestion, I contacted the sales dept and now have the registration fixed. It now is registered for 1 line like it has been in the past. However, I still keep getting "Wave Driver Not Installed" message. I have unintstalled and reinstalled per the instructions we've had since we first bought the card and VG. All other options, mailboxes, scripts, etc have now shown up like we've always had. I feel like if I can get over this wave driver not installed problem, I will finally be back to normal.

Can you help with some suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

John McCrory

However, I still keep getting "Wave Driver Not Installed" message.
This is just one of the problems which you will encounter when using the TAPI version of software with the Dialogic card.

We recommend that "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" is used on systems which use a Dialogic card.

If you want to continue using v5.x then try removing all wave drivers from the system and then just installing the Dialogic wave drivers first.