VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Setting Up Fax

how do I divert VG to my fax program. I do not have MS fax. I have BVRP, it came with my Dell.

Can BVRP accept TAPI handed off calls ? (I'm not familiar with BVRP)...

In VG.INI file set HandoffProgramFax to be the .exe name of the fax program that you want VoiceGuide to transfer fax calls to.

The fax program must be running in order for call handoff to succeed (and the program must be able to accept TAPI fax cal handoffs in the first place)

DO I NEED MS FAX AND MS OUTLOOK? OR DOES MS FAX COME WITH OUTLOOK. I CAN'T FIND A DISTRIBUTOR FOR MS FAX.

EAGLEPRO wrote:

I have purchased WINFAX PRO and installed it. I open IVG and WINFAX PRO. IVG is set at 2 rings. WINFAX is set at 4 rings. I have set WINFAX in the fax handoff config. IVG does not answer the call. WINFAX seems to take over the modem no matter which one I open first. WHAT NOW?

EAGLEPRO wrote:

I have entered "C:\Program Files\WINFAX\FAXMNG32.EXE" in the "[VG]HandoffProgramFax=" line in VG.INI file.

Here is my trace log during a fax attempt. error starts at line 12107

> 01628 0 tapie callstate OFFERING 4353992 0 4

> 01630 0 tapie ring 1

> 02536 0 Lev_CallerID [5022667205,KENTUCKY]

> 07494 0 tapie ring 2

> 07495 0 Answer the call

> 08346 0 lineAnswer(4353992) => 20

> 08348 0 tapi Reply 20 0

> 08350 0 tapie callstate ACCEPTED 4353992 0 0

> 08711 0 tapie callstate CONNECTED 4353992,0,0

> 08712 0 WorkingModeTAPI=

> 08714 0 WorkingModeScript=

> 08717 0 TimeoutClear

> 08719 0 [Welcome] Number Input

> 08721 0 [Welcome] Playing (C:\Program Files\ivg\Scripts\Apartments\Main.wav)

> 08777 0 PlaySoundStart ok [C:\Program Files\ivg\Scripts\Apartments\Main.wav]

> 08778 0 TimeoutClear

> 08780 0 wa(17456,30872300)

> 11266 0 tapie monitormedia 32( G3FAX)

> 11267 0 RecSoundStop ok

> 12101 0 PlaySoundStop ok

> 12103 0 TimeoutClear

> 12107 0 ERROR: lineHandoff LINEERR_TARGETNOTFOUND [8000004E] C:\Program Files\WINFAX\FAXMNG32.EXE

> 12110 0 ERROR: lineHandoff LINEERR_TARGETNOTFOUND [8000004E] C:\Program Files\WINFAX\FAXMNG32.EXE

> 12233 0 tapie callinfo MEDIAMODE

> 17241 0 tapie callstate IDLE 4353992 0 0

I am trying to use winfax pro to accept the fax handoff from IVG. I am told by symantec that winfax pro cannot support 3rd party handoff. Is anyone using winfax pro with IVG and what did you do to make it work.

Winfax is 1 of 2 programs that IVG recomends. I find it hard to beleive that it can't work.

--Support Team--

This was a separate post and is now merged into the original thread releated to this issue.

Edited by SupportTeam

I believe when I used winfax to recieve faxes and with VG, I did not have winfax " Automatic Recieve" on... and it worked.

I believe when I used winfax to recieve faxes and with VG, I did not have winfax " Automatic Recieve" on... and it worked.

TO BOBCAT,

WHEN AUTO RECEIVE IS ON, IVG DOES NOT ANSWER AT ALL. EVEN THOUGH IT IS SET FOR FEWER RINGS. IT SEEMS TO NOT BE CONECTED TO THE MODEM, WHEN WINFAX IS RUNNING. WINFAX SEEMS TO TAKE OVER THE MODEM.

We were informed that another alternative can be SmartFax2002.

Please see http://www.faxcall.com/ for more information.

We have not tried it ourselves but apparently the users's manual for the product says that it can accept calls handed of it from other applications as well..

Question to BOBCAT: Can you recall which version of WinFax you were using?

If Smartfax works that would be great, but I am not about to spend more money on other software if your not possitive. I have already spent $100. on winfax since that was recomended by your company. Who reimburses me for that. I don't think symantec will.

WinFax worked very well in the past, we have used it and a number of clients have used it...

Looks like the current version 10.02 no longer accepts transferred calls - well this has taken us by a bit of surprise. We are still awaiting an answer from Symantec on why this apparently stopped working in their latest release and if there are any workarounds...

It looks like WinFax 10.02 still registers itself at installation as an application willing to accept handed off Fax calls... so its a bit surprising that it doesn't seem to actually accept them afterwards...

HAVE YOU SOLVED THIS PROBLEM YET, I REALY NEED TO SET UP THIS FAX SYSTEM. HAVE YOU CONTACTED SYMANTEC AS YOU INDICATED THAT YOU WOULD?

I am having the same problem with VG and Winfax. I thought that luckily until a solution is found I could run VG on 1 computer and Winfax on another and use a Fax Detector Switch that I have to handle the handoff.

The problem is that the call has to go through the Fax Detector to an answering machine, being VG, and even though I have commented out the FaxHandoff section in VG.ini, VG still trys to handoff a fax call to MSFax. Since I am not runnig this VG has an error and hangs up the call so the Fax Detector never has a chance to direct the call to the other computer that is waiting for a fax with Winfax.

How do I stop VG from trying to do the fax handoff for a fax call so that my Fax Detector can direct the call correctly?

Please try setting in VG.INI file:

[VGsys]

HandoffProgramFax=

to nothing (leave it blank)

I am running an older version of VG 4.51. I haven't moved my application up to the most recent version.

Anyway that shouldn't matter. Here is a copy of my vg.ini and a trace of what happenes when a fax call is received.

As you will see it does not seem to matter what I have in the faxhandoff section, VG will detect the fax (not wanted) and error on the handoff (expected).

Again, how can I stop VG from even attempting the fax handoff?

Thanks in advance.

[LineConfig]

DeviceCount=1

[Device1]

Id=0

Name=AOpen_FM56-ITU2_56000

Script=C:\Katalina\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Football Pool\NFL Pool.vgs

RingsBeforeAnswer=1

PopupCallerId=1

DialoutOK=1

[Device2]

Id=

Name=

Script=

RingsBeforeAnswer=2

PopupCallerId=

DialoutOK=

[Device3]

ID=

Name=

Script=

RingsBeforeAnswer=2

PopupCallerId=

[Device4]

ID=

Name=

Script=

RingsBeforeAnswer=2

PopupCallerId=

[VGIncoming]

MinRingCount=0

[FaxConfig]

;AWFXEX32.EXE - MS Fax

;WFXCTL32.EXE - WinFax 8

HandoffProgram=

[PlayRecordConfig]

RecEditor=SNDREC32.EXE

RecCutIfHangupBytes=48000

RecCutIfDtmfStopBytes=6000

RecLengthMin=1

RecLengthMax=30

PlayEndPauseDialogic=0

;SilenceDetectLength: 30=3 seconds

SilenceDetectLength=30

;SilenceDetectLevel: range: 0-100.

;0 - don't detect silence, 100 - detect loud background noise as silence.

SilenceDetectLevel=40

[Voicemail]

RecLengthMin=5

RecLengthMax=120

ForwardPhoneRetries=2

ForwardPhoneWait=1

ForwardPhoneAcceptPrompt=VmbForwardAskAccept.wav

ForwardEmailSubject=Voicemail recieved from $RV_CIDNAME, $RV_CIDNUMBER at $RV_HOUR:$RV_MINUTE $RV_DATE/$RV_MONTH

ForwardEmailBody=Voicemail recieved from $RV_CIDNAME, $RV_CIDNUMBER at $RV_HOUR:$RV_MINUTE $RV_DATE/$RV_MONTH

[PBX]

HookFlashLenMs=100

XferStart=

XferConnect=

XferFinish=

ModemInit1=AT#VBT=1

ModemHookflash=AT#VTS=!

;ModemInit1=ATS29=10

;ModemHookflash=ATDT!

3WayMaxTalkTime=1800

[VGDialer]

'set it to MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY

DateFormat=DD/MM/YY

;Dialout announcement replay maximum count.

AnnReplay=3

'How long before another call can go out on the same line (sec)

AfterIdleWait=5

[scriptControl]

UseSafeSubset=1

[DbQuery]

UseADO=0

[VgGsd]

DesignAreaHeight=5000

DesignAreaWidth=5000

[VBS]

ShellHandler=wscript

[DatabaseWorkspace]

WorkspaceJetUser=admin

WorkspaceJetPassword=

WorkspaceOdbcUser=admin

WorkspaceOdbcPassword=

faxerror.txt

Sorry, I should have said to set it to "NONE":

Please try setting in VG.INI file:

[VGsys]

HandoffProgramFax=NONE

That works just great now. Thanks so much. I will still keep looking for a solution with the handoff to Winfax on the same machine, but this is great for now.

Just a thought. Is there anything available that details the VG.INI settings/options and there affect on VG. It seems that it would be quite useful and may cut down on some question like mine.

Again many thanks. Great job.

Now it seems that this solution works of some fax machines and not on others. I cannot tell why, but I have attached the trace of a fax working and not working. There is only 1 difference in the traces that I can see and that is that the working example has

Working

626638651 0 TimeoutClear

626638653 0 wa(3496,63822400)

626642193 0 wa(3496,63822401)

626642803 0 tapi MonitorMedia 32( G3FAX)

Not Working

626232557 0 TimeoutClear

626232558 0 wa(3496,22936800)

626232561 0 tapi MonitorMedia 32( G3FAX)

Can you tell me what that diffenece in the trace actually means? Then I can maybe determine if this solution will or will not work until a Winfax Handoff solution is available.

Thanks

test_fax1.txt

If Smartfax works that would be great, but I am not about to spend more money on other software if your not possitive. I have already spent $100. on winfax since that was recomended by your company. Who reimburses me for that. I don't think symantec will.

For everyone's information (though in this poster's case it may be too late), Symantec offers a no-hassle, 60-Day refund policy on their WinFax Pro (as well as other) software. I know because I've utilized this product feature and received my refund (less retailer store/state

taxes charged), no problem.