VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Annouce Messages Of Transfer Module

In the transfer module i have sound file to play, this sound file starts to play immediately after dialing the number specified in the transfer module, it does not wait for the other person to receive the call, because of this when the person takes the call he listen to the message from the middle not from the beggining of the message.

What needs to be done.

thanks

That is how the transfer module works now.

In the version of VoiceGuide written specifically for Dialogic cards (available in about 2 months) there will be an option of waiting for recipient of transfer to answer first before playing the announce message.

(Upgrades to that version will be allowed for recent buyers of VoiceGuide for the difference in price)

Hi,

I'm using the 'Transfer Call' module to do a '3-way-Announced-Conference' call. I've set-up distinct modules that the control should move to

in case of Success,Failure and Timeout. In case of a 'Fail' I expect the control moves to a 'Call Failed' module; while in case of timeout of

15 seconds I expect the control to move to a 'Call Timeout' module. My test enviorment has a cell phone as the 3rd party. I've noticed the

following with this design:

1) Even if the call fails for reasons such as, 'Mobile phone switched off', voice guide waits for 15 seconds. The control then moves to the

'Call Failed' module instead of timeout!

2) Similar behaviour is observed if the 3rd part is busy. (Note: The cell-phone provider plays a messages instead of busy tone)

3) As mentioned before, the voice message to the 3rd party starts playing even before the call has been answered and continues to do so until

timeout!

Based on a few experiments, I feel that:

a) The 'timeout' path has to point to the same module as the fail path, so there is no point setting up different modules for fail and timeout.

B) Even if there is a fail, VG will wait until timeout(if specified) is completed.

c) A timeout of 15 secs means; the counter starts from the moment the call is placed on the wire.

Is my understanding of VG's behaviour correct?

Please clarify.

thanks

When the timeout fires the timeout path should be taken, not the Fail path...

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

Tried as suggested, is replaced the exe and executed VG, the problem not solved, it still takes the fail path, inspite of timeout and timeout path specified.