VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Comdial Executech

Our office uses a Comdial Executech phone system that we have had for many years. Each phone has a 4 wire line running from the central box to the phone. We are very pleased with VG and the D4PCI card and how well they work together but we are basically bypassing the phone system and have run a 2 wire line to the D4PCI card.

While we have 4 phone lines coming into our office and multiple stations, when we first got VG and the D4PCI it was basically to work as an answering machine when we were out of the office, capable of delivering messages to any selected agent in the field. We are now wanting to take it to the next level. We want to design a custom script to answer all 4 phones lines (even when we are here) and transfer the call to the agents station or take a message if the station does not pick up the call. The help files on making scripts seems clear enough that we should be able to handle that. So here comes my question.

1-Can the D4PCI emulate a phone station or otherwise communicate with our Comdial ExecuTech phone system?

2-Where would I find the supporting documentation?

Because we have bypassed the phone system, when VG currently is answering the phone or using an outgoing line, it does not show that a line is in use on any of our station phones. Again, we are using only a 2 wire set up into the card. When I plug one of the 4 wire lines into the card, the card does not appear to recognize that someone is calling and never answers the phone.

We want to design a custom script to answer all 4 phones lines (even when we are here) and transfer the call to the agents station.

To achieve this properly VoiceGuide would have to know which of the agents is free as well. You are basically setting up an ACD system. Please read:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1462

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1061

If the PBX implements as 'call queue' then you can just have VG transfer calls to that queue (but it sounds like it does not).

When I plug one of the 4 wire lines into the card, the card does not appear to recognize that someone is calling and never answers the phone.

The 4 wire connections are usually propriety formats which will not work with hardware other than the handsets supplied with the PBX.

There is a Dialogic card which works with 4 wire lines, but it only lists support for Lucent, Siemens, Mitel and Nortel, and does not seem to support Comdial directly.

You need an analog interface for the Executech 2000 to work with Voicemail.

Either a VMI-X or a OPX will work. Both will give you 2 analog lines for voicemail.

Note that you will have to set up the port as an OPX if you want to dial out for cell phone/ pager notification. (At least on mine.) You should be able to setup and access 4 line groups. You would get an outside line by dialing 9, 81, 82, or 83. The line group feature on my E60PT is listed as reserved. Go figure. If however you want to route calls by a numerical line assignment you will have to set up your OPX of VMI-X ports as Execumail ports. This setting is problematic in that I am having a dickens of a time figuring out how to train my dialogic voice board.

Hope this helps.