VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Calling Into Acd

I am trying to create an outbound dialer script to present a series of prompts to a user. The user is at an extension on an ACD. I do not know how to delay the entering of the extension number after the ACD picks up the call, or how to delay after the initial transfer to the extension.

Example...

Customer X is at 312-555-5555, x555

When the customer's ACD answers the phone, it prompts for which extension the call should be transferred to. After that, it informs the caller that they are being transferred. The initial transfer message allows barge-in, so the extension can be dialed right away. But I do not want my script to start it's prompts until the customer actually picks up the phone.

Thoughts?

from http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm :

When using Dialogic cards the system can detect whether a real person or an answering machine has answered the call. Different messages or scripts can be specified in either case. When an answering machine answers the call the message or script will start after the welcoming message stops playing.

When using a voice modem to dial out a prompt message needs to be specified which will be played in a loop until the person who answers the call presses key on their telephone keypad. This is because a voice modem cannot detect when a call is answered.  Only after the called person presses the key on their telephone keypad will the message or script be played. If an answering machine answers calls placed using voice modems it will end up recording the prompt message being played in a loop.