VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

8khz Or 16khz For Tts For Dialogic D/4pci

I have been using the Neospeech VoiceText 8Khz eval for testing with VoiceGuide eval and have been pretty happy with the results over the AT&T Natural Voices. I can't help but wonder though could the quality be a little better since the Dialogic board supports 11Khz. Will I see a slight improvement in quality if I purchase the 16Khz version of the voices or should I stick with the 8Khz?

The 8kHz version should be sufficient. Eventually when the Dialogic plays over the phone line it only plays in 8kHz format.

The 11kHz files are downsampled to 8kHz before playing.

The "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" version uses only 8kHz files.

Will I see a slight improvement in quality if I purchase the 16Khz version of the voices or should I stick with the 8Khz?

You may see some differences due to different re-samplings done during conversions but overall I'd expect fairly similar quality.

What exactly is the "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" version anyway? How does it differ from the eval download? I have a D/4PCI I am testing with VG rightnow and will probably be registering soon. Should I be using a different version?

Manny

The "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" version does not use Dialogic TAPI drivers and controls the Dialogic card directly. It looks and feels the same as the current evaluation download.

"VoiceGuide for Dialogic" is only at this stage available for E1/T1 ISDN systems, not analog.