VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New Version

I read in a post on this forum that the next version of VoiceGuide will not require the Dialogic System Release to be installed (it will not use the TAPI drivers, I guess?). I also read that it would be released a month or two from this past April. That would have been last month or this month.

My question is, is this true? When should be expect the next release?

I just bought a Dialogic card, and imagine how infuriated I was to find that Intel actually CHARGES $995 to download drivers that work on XP (SR5.1.1FP1 or SR6). Unbelievable...

I'm just evaluating VoiceGuide right now, but if it enables me to not give Intel another thousand bucks, then I'll gladly buy it. It would need to happen soon, though, as I need to get this system up.

I read in a post on this forum that the next version of VoiceGuide will not require the Dialogic System Release to be installed

In the new version of VoiceGuide it's the Dialogic's TAPI drivers that will not need to be installed. The Dialogic System Release will still need to be installed.

My question is, is this true? When should be expect the next release?

It is available right now for ISDN based systems (not yet for analog).

I just bought a Dialogic card, and imagine how infuriated I was to find that Intel actually CHARGES $995 to download drivers that work on XP (SR5.1.1FP1 or SR6). Unbelievable...

Some Dialogic distributors ship the SR5.1.1 FP1 drivers for free when you buy the card from them, and some try to charge you extra for the drivers afterwards. (If you purchase the cards from us we will ship the SR5.1.1 FP1 drivers for free with the card).

It's worth noting however that you do not need FP1 to use VoiceGuide on WinXP. The standard SR5.1.1 drivers will work OK with VoiceGuide. We have many clients running SR5.1.1 with VoiceGuide on WinXP (both the TAPI version of VoiceGuide and the newer Dialogic API version of VoiceGuide).

I had SR5.1.1 working in XP as well. However, everytime I rebooted, VoiceGuide would claim there were no sound drivers installed. I would then go into sound, remove the Dialogic Wave 1.x driver, reinstall it, and then VoiceGuide would work right again.

Then, through messing around with things, somehow I got VoiceGuide to stop working completely. The Dialogic Service Releases are definitely very buggy.

Anybody have a step-by-step guide of a known procedure to get SR5.1.1 working on XP?

The procedure outlined in http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Inst...allDialogic.htm usually works just fine.

Not to sure why you would need to reinstall sound drivers every time you boot up, but it sounds like something has gone badly wrong with the configuration of the whole system to the point where I'd probably recommend just reformatting the hard disk and re-installing Windows+SR5.1.1+VG