VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Yet Another Newbie Question

I'm still very new to telephony, so I greatly appreciate any assistance with my questions.

I've set up VoiceGuide and it works just as described. However, I'm using a voice modem, and I'm wondering if what I want to accomplish can be done better by either a) tweaking VoiceGuide or B) upgrading to a Dialogic board.

I'm outbound dialing to a single voicemail system, so I know that the answering party will always be a voicemail message, not a human being. The answering party's messages will obviously vary in length, however the "leave-a-message-after-the-tone" tone is identical on every call.

So my question is: can VoiceGuide be set up to recognize that tone (just as it recognizes regular touch tones)? This would be better than waiting for it to "detect silence", which is what I've set it to do now.

Alternatively, I could buy a Dialogic board. Would a Dialogic board, in conjunction with VoiceGuide, be able to detect/recognize that tone?

Thanks,

Jason Conley

When the Dialogic card informs VoiceGuide that the call has been answered by an answering machine then VoiceGuide will wait until the answering message stops playing. Silence detection is used to determine that - not tone detection.

This approach is very reliable and results in the message being left properly - and it will work for all answering machines - not just the ones with a specific tone.

There is no way right now for VG to 'wait for a particular tone'.