VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

ODBC connection to Borland Interbase 6.5

Hi,

please help me...

I'm trying to connect to Interbase database using ODBC driver.

Please click on this link where I put all the description and screenshots of what I have and what is happening.

http://primedebtsoft.com/VG.htm

Appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.

Nick Varnitski :(

-----------------------------------

Thanks for the good summary of the problem.

Hanve you defined the Data Source using the "ODBC Data Source Administrator" ?

the name specified for the entry in the "ODBC Data Source Administrator" should then be specified in the VoiceGuide's "ODBC Data Source" text box.

A good test to see if ODBC setup works is try to link to your ODBC Database using MS Access (using a 'Link Table') - if you have MS Access installed on this machine...

Another appraoch is to write a VB Script which connects and retrieves the data for you - and after you have it working you can just run it within VoiceGuide's Run VBS module...

-------------------------------------

Thanks for your suggestion about Access!!!

Here is what I was able to do:

From Access I linked to Interbase tables via ODBC, then I connected to Access from VG and guess what? IT WORKED!!!

I'm able to retreive information from my InterBase database...

The only question... still can not get.. why can I connect from Access but not from VG? It's the same driver!!!

any suggestions, guys???

Thansk a lot!

Nick.

Hello, Technical Support,

could you please advise me or work with me to find out why I can't connect directly to my InterBase database (using ODBC) but I am able to connect to it via Access (through linked tables in Access). Pleeeeaaase!!!!

thanks a lot...

Nick

I would try to test several possible variants of the 'ODBC Connect String' - most problems with ODBC connections are caused by this field not being specified as required by the DAO database drivers which VoiceGuide is using...

As a first thing I'd try doing is specifying the name of the ODBC driver in your connect string as well. This is what I found is necessary in some cases.

Below is a 'ODBC Connect String' for MS Access which shows how this driver name is specified:

ODBC;DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}

without specifying the driver name ODBC connections to MS Access fail - this may be the case with Interbase 6.5...

I'm attaching traces of a successful select from MS Access using a direct connection (specifying the database filename) and using the ODBC data source.

49937 6 [GetAllMdb] DB Query

49937 6 Jet mode used (To use ODBC mode specify ODBC Connect string)

49937 6 About to execute Retrieve Operation [sELECT * FROM PATIENTS where ID=112]

49937 6 [GetAllMdb] row count=1

49953 6 [GetAllOdbc] DB Query

49953 6 ODBC mode used

49953 6 About to execute Retrieve Operation [sELECT * FROM PATIENS where ID=112]

49953 6 [GetAllOdbc] row count=1

:P:P Thank you so much!!! It all worked! i added the driver name and everything is working now!

Thanks a lot!

Nick

Hi,

I want to connect from ODBC to Interbase 6.5 Database,

I was using Easysoft ODBC software to connection but it expried so I could not connect to Database.

Does anybody know how any program name for the connection ?