VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Tapi & Dialogic Wave Driver

Hi,

I cannot figure out how to install TAPI driver and Dialogic Wave driver.

Here is what I have done so far :

Dialogic D/4PCIU card that is detected and installed by Windows 2000 SP4 – English

System release 6.0 installed and DCM that can detect and run the D/4PCIU card

Global Call Protocol 4.1 installed but not configured (Do I need to do it in Canada ?)

All your instructions for installation of TAPI and Wave drivers fail at some point. Here how it goes :

-Installing Dialogic TAPI driver

Run Setup from the 'Dialogic System Software and SDK' CD. You will need to ensure that the TAPI drivers are installed as well.

Note: For Windows 2000, click the Phone and Modem options icon.

Note: For Windows 2000, select the Advanced tab.

If the Dialogic Service Provider for NT does not appear in the Telephony Drivers tab, do the following to add it:

A. Click Add to display the Add Driver dialog.

B. Click the Dialogic Service Provider for NT to select it (if it is not shown, restart your PC and try again).

+ It is not shown, and restarting my PC doesn’t change anything about it. But I can see in the Advance Tab, a provider name : ’d41mt.tsp’, for which the configure button is not available. +

-Installing Dialogic Wave driver - Windows 2000 :

1.Go to the Start Menu->Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove Hardware to start the Add/Remove Hardware Wizard

2.Click Next.

3.Select Add/Troubleshoot a Device and click Next.

4.Windows will attempt to find any new plug and play devices. It should find none. Select "Add a new device" and click Next.

5.Select “No, I want to select the hardware from a list” and click Next

6.Select “Sound, video and game controllers” and click Next

7.Click “Have Disk” and browse to the "Program Files\Dialogic\LIB" directory

8.Select the “oemsetup” file and click open. Then click OK on the next screen.

+ The “oemsetup” file doesn’t exist ! +

You also say :

“When installing the Dialogic software select 'Custom Installation' option and ensure that the TAPI Drivers and the Global Call option is selected. Global Call needs to be installed in order for the TAPI Driver to be loaded.”

+ When I install System release 6.0, it is automatically installed. I am not offered the option to do a 'Custom Installation'. +

“Full instructions on installing the TAPI and Wave drivers can be found in the Dialogic help file located in winnt\system32\d41mt.hlp”

+ The ‘d41mt.hlp’ file doesn’t exist. +

“ Dialogic's online TAPI installation notes can be found here : http://support.dialogic.com/documentation/...conf/start.htm”

+ This web page doesn’t exist and I can’t find any info on Dialogic web site. +

Have you tried installing with SR5.1.1 SP1 and the add-on for SR5.1.1 SP1 for D/4PCIU?

Please see: http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/...11SP1/index.htm

At this stage we do not have SR6.0 install step-by-step guide available - but it we should have on in a few more weeks - in the meantime if you cannot get SR6.0 going please use SR5.1.1 SP1

Which version of VoiceGuide are you installing? I was under impression that the reference below was removed from the VG Help file some time ago as it was not current (as you observed). Where did you find this reference?

Dialogic's online TAPI installation notes can be found here : http://support.dialogic.com/documentation/...onf/start.htm””

As far as I can tell and according to Paracon, a major Dialogic supplier, TAPI is no longer part of Dialogic drivers.

Has anyone heard anything different?

Dialoigc drivers which support TAPI (SR5.1.1) are available for free download from Intel website - links are on our web site.

The SR6.0 drivers do not include TAPI - but the SR6.0 drivers are aimed to be used with the top of the line 'DMV' type cards.

For DMV cards you can use the "VoiceGuide for Dialoigc" version of the software - which wil run (without the need for TAPI) on either SR5.1.1 drivers or with SR6.0 drivers.