VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

How Do I Play The Latest Recorded Message

How do I play the latest recorded message. My system XP with dialogic d/41 epci. First I play a welcome, then chooses the language, then records the message, then it has to play the recorded message for confirmation (how can i put an expression to call the latest recorded message????)

Thank you

gph.vgs

Please see the VoiceGuide's Help file entry on the Record module.

From VG Help file:

Result Variables

$RV[ModuleTitle] will store the filename of the recorded sound file.

$RV[ModuleTitle_EndRecCause] will store the reason why recording was stopped.

$RV[ModuleTitle_RecLen100ms] will store the recording length in 100ms units (eg. a value of 75 equals seven and a half seconds).

So if you record in module titled "mensaje" then to play back the message recorded in that module just specify:

$RV[mensaje]

in a Play module...

I tried like you said, but instead of hearing the message sounds various dtmf tones... What I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

Please also post the script you use and the recorded sound file.

Could you please .zip and post the recording itself.

The trace shows no errors and we can see from it that recording was fine and was terminated 10 seconds after starting when caller pressed the "#" key.

Each of the seven .wav files included in the .zip were clear recordings with no DTMF tones included in any of them.

What is the problem?

The problem is that I can not retrieve the recorded message, the only thing that I hear is various tones. The script that I send you does the following: 1) Play a wellcoming wav and chooses language 2) Plays a wav that indicates the caller to leave a message 3) Records the message 4) Play a wav that tells the caller to hear the message to confirm if it is ok 5) Plays the recorded message

In the point 5 when the program has to pick the recorded message as the name is made of the hour date and it is not fixed. My question is that with play $RV[mensaje] it doesn´t play the last message.

Please would you help me, Thank you in advance

My question is that with play $RV[mensaje] it doesn´t play the last message.

I can see in script (confirmed in the trace) that in module [escucha mensaje] you are right now trying to play:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Escritorio\mensaje español\$RV[mensaje_dd_HH]

You should use just:

$RV[mensaje]

then the sound file recorded in module [mensaje] will play OK.

You can see how the full path and filename is stored in the $RV[mensaje] variable in this line from the trace:

175644,89 8 rv add [mensaje]{C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Escritorio\mensajes español\0525175644_8_.wav}

I can see in the trace that in module [escucha mensaje] you are right now trying to play:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Escritorio\mensajeespanol\$RV[mensaje]

You should use just:

$RV[mensaje]