VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Shutdown Problem

Over the last couple of days, VG seems to shutdown unexpecdedly under heavy load. Today, for example, the shut down has already happened twice. Both times the log records the following error:

130132.67 10 tts generate finish

130132.67 10 [Transfer message] Playing (C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\tts10.wav)

130133.72 10 PlaySoundStart err=[0 play PlaySoundStart ResetWavOutAndContinuePlay=>3,play waveOutWrite failed after LoadCurrFileToPlay_IntoOneMainBuffer] [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\tts10.wav]

130133.72 10 TimeoutClear

The above log entries appears directly above the reset in the log files. Is there anything that we can do to prevent this shutdown?

Thanks,

Chris

The trace does show a strange error - it may be a good clue as to what is causing problems on your system. The relevant developer is looking into this now.

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using and what OS & Service Pack is installed?

Are you using a Voice Mdem or a Dialogic card?

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using and what OS & Service Pack is installed?

I'm using Version 5.2.2002 Enterprise Edition

Windows 2000 Advanced Server Service Pack 4 Build 2195

Are you using a Voice Mdem or a Dialogic card?

I'm using 2 Dialogic D/82JCT-U cards.

Thanks,

Chris

Could you please .ZIP and post the full set of debug traces from VG's \log\ subdirectory, capturing at least a few previous calls as well. (just .ZIP while days traces)

The error shown in the trace snippet shows that there is something going badly wrong with the Dialogic's Wave drivers on this system, and we have not seen this happen before - so we'd need to get full history of what happened on this system before to see what may be causing this problem.

I tried to attach the logs for 5/18, but the zipped file is over 4mb. Is there an email address I can send this to instead?

The traces we received show the VoiceGuide task finishing abruptly on this machine a number of times during one day.

Some system error messages seen in the trace before the program aborts are very strange - eg: the Wave drivers report that all of a sudden "driver failed to enable"

It is even stranger that task should just disappear instead of giving us some sort of "Dr.Watson" message... this does suggest a major error at a device driver level...

At this stage I'd be suspecting a problem with memory on this machine, or some other system corruption...

Dialogic does indicate that the PBX integration boards are supported by their TAPI/Wave driver (See d41mt.hlp file isn Windows' System32 directory) - but not too many of customers use the D82JCT card so that could also be a potential cause - but I'd be very surprised if there was a problem on the Dialogic driver side...

At this stage I’d be trying a different machine… Is it possible for you to try setting up this on a new machine which has just a clean install of Windows?

It’d be good if you could use the Service Pack as per the Release Notes of the Dialogic System Release you are running (which I assume is SR5.1.1)

Here is a post from user who had resolved similar unexplained crashes before:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1054