VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Multiple Row Help

Hello,

I've been tinkering with VG for about a week, and have made some impressive IVR scripts with my feeble knowledge. But I am at an impass. I have read all the help files, and searched and searched. I think what I want to do is $RV nesting, but I'm not sure hopefully somoene can help.

I have the problem of getting multiple rows, and need to either be able to 1) hear the beginning (a sample) of each row, and then select the whole row. 2) use a parent-child relation where I can sort and refine the search by additional parameters. 3) or sequentially play each row.

Currently I created a way of sequentially playing 2 rows, by using the ModuleTitle_ColumnIndex_RowIndex command, and manually laying out a script to play Mod_1_1 then Mod_1_2....But I don;t know how to make this more dynamic. I'd like to be able to press a key and hear "all" rows like a Mod_1_1 through Mod_1_RowCount. Does that make sense?

For example suppose I have a DB with ages, state, and phone number

when I search for say 28 years, and Texas, I might et back 3 phone numbers. With my manual script I can only hear phone number 1 and 2. How do I make the script play 1 through 3 or whatever the RowCount is??

On the parent child DB any ideas on how to sort my DB better?

Id like to call in and be asked "enter your state" and enter say 64 for michigan (MI) but I dont know what to do because Ohio (OH) would be 64 too...

One I am in the DB Ohio, I can search for ages, without getting corrupt data from MI....

I know this is more Access questions than VG, but if someone could help that would be great.

PS. I love VG. and Keep coming up with creative ideas to do what I need it to do.

Thanks in Advance

Steve

How do I make the script play 1 through 3 or whatever the RowCount is??

You would need to set up a loop which goes through all the entries. Use an Evaluate Expression module to create a counter and then use that counter variable as part of the name or the RV which you try to speak out.

Example of counter is in VG Help file: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modEvalExpr.htm

I'd like to call in and be asked "enter your state" and enter say 64 for michigan (MI) but I dont know what to do because Ohio (OH) would be 64 too...

Looks like an alternate approach is needed to alloe callers to select their state. Maybe ask caller to enter first letter of their state and then say all the alternatives under that letter (press 1 for Michigan, 2 for Ohio etc...)