VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Ms Sql For Dialer ?

I am planning on a service where many users may add many calls to be dialled out. For my planning, up to 2000 users may be using the system and each may need to set some 10 to 2000 outgoing calls. While I know I can plan for more lines and more VG+Dialer licenses to support the load, I'm very uncomfortable to have to resort to an Access database for this task!

Is VG using ODBC to access to the DB such that I can change to use SQL (probably not as I don't see any DSN set up)?

Are there alternative means to get this done so that I may use MS SQL?

Please help advise.

To start off let me just say that there was a lot of testing done on the Dialer and during testing we have queued hundreds of thousands of calls at a time - with MS Access handling these with no problems. MS Access was judged to be capable of handling the task with no problems while still being easy to use and interface to by other programs.

If your solution required use of MS SQL then we can make a version of VG Dialer which uses MS SQL. This would probably be done for free if you are purchasing a significant sized system (60+ lines), or would be done for a fee if a smaller system is involved.