VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Creative Modem

I have a modem problem , I install a creative modem blaster V.90 it is working properly and the audio device also, but it does not working in vioceguide configuration an stay wait for call status even I call the modem line.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the incoming call, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

No data in event trace log even after calling the voiceguide line.

If the modem is not even informing VoiceGuide that the line is ringing then VG will never be alerted that a call arrives.... have you double checked that the phone line is plugged in and that you are dialing the correct number? Can you see a 'Ringing Indicator' LED light up on the modem when the call arrives? (most modem have this LED to let you know that modem can hear the ringing...)

No indictor ringing led in my modem.

Note: before this modem I worked by D-link modem successfully.

if the modem initializes OK, but does not report any RINGS when a call is made it is usually one of three options:

- phone line is not plugged in, or

- wrong number is dialed, or

- modem's RING detection circuitry has failed.

it's a bit hard to find out from here what could be wrong over there.. if you are stuck then the only next step is to either try this modem on a different system, or try a different modem.

I think that the modem's RING detection circuitry has failed.

What modem type you recommended it for me?